It just never seems to get old.
While sitting on the back porch reading the paper, listening to the birds, enjoying the cool breeze...a deer takes a little stroll across the corner of the backyard. It stops in the cottonwood trees, turns and takes a glance back at me and then to the neighbor mowing his yard next door. It stands still for several moments....then turns towards me, moves to the edge of the grass...I have a perfect view.
I admire it's beauty....I'm sure it looks at me wondering what the heck I am (I have not showered and might still have a slight case of bedhead!). Or maybe it's giving me the 'whatfor'...for not filling the bird feeders! The deer stomps it's hoof at me a time or two...then turns and runs for cover through the houses & street behind us to the fields. Seconds later...a hummingbird flys around the back of the house!
That'll teach me to not take my camera with me!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!