Welcome to my little corner of the World...

Join me as I try to find my way as an empty-nester, wife, mom, friend, and most importantly as a Child of God.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

HaPpY FaThEr'S DaY!!

HaPpy FatHer'S DaY to ALL the Men in my life who are Dad's...
and there are a LOT of them!

My Dad...(we all know how I feel about him, well you do if you read about him here on his birthday last weekend!)  He pretty much rocks!  Wish I had a pic of us from when I was little, but I only have 3 pictures of me as a child.  So this is the best I've got...which is a pretty special picture to me! :)
My Brother...I got to read the cards that his boys made for him today.  They were so sweet and beat any Hallmark cards hands down!!   He is a great Dad and I'm very proud of him!  He's a pretty awesome brother too!  Here is one of my favorites with him & Preston!
My other Brother...He is a pretty good Dad too.  He's got 3 boys that adore him!
Those boys look so much like him!  It's funny to see different parts of him in each one.
My Father-in-Law...He's been a great role model to my husband.  He is well-traveled, a hard worker and a K-Stater through & through!  The joke is that everywhere we go, someone knows him!  It's starting to happen to my husband too!  Like Father, like Son...
Here he is with his 3 sons and 1 of his grandsons at a surprise party last year.
 My Brother-in-Law...Wonderful father to his girls and a great uncle to his niece and nephew!  Here he is back in the day with his girls and our kids at Easter.  My how they have all grown up!  Not Fair!!
My 2nd Brother-in-Law...Another Great Dad!  He has a way of joking with my kids that they enjoy!  Here he is when he only had 2 nieces!  They couldn't get enough of him!
Last, but NOT least...My Husband...  He has been a wonderful Dad to our children!  There are so many touching moments that I think of when I think of him with our kids on Father's Day...Holding my hand as I gave birth to our kids, holding our children for the first time, rocking them, feeding them & changing dirty diapers!!
He has been there when they were sick and couldn't sleep at night...


Introduced his little girl to his alma mater!
 
Playing volleyball, football, frisbee & soccer in the big yard on the farm after dinner.  
Teaching your son to play catch...
Building him a tree house...
Cold winter afternoons playing H-O-R-S-E in the shed (and beating us all everytime!!  I swear you practiced in there when we weren't looking!)
 Holding onto them tightly as we went boating.  
Spending time with new nieces & nephews.
You've never missed a birthday celebration and always shared your candles!
Pulling the kids on the sleds, building snowmen & having good 
old-fashioned snowball fights!

Playing Wii...
Going to games and sitting for hours in the bleachers.  
Teaching our kids to drive the tractors, sharing your love of farming with the kids
and how to change a tire.  



You've carried them on your shoulders...
You've taught them to shell shrimp,

tie a tie...
and to work hard...
  How to be a part of a family and work together...
 How to relax... 

And that sometimes...it's okay to be SiLLy!!




You have even shared your favorite childhood toy! 
Taught them to drive (your patience level is much higher than mine!) 
Walked your little girl down the aisle!  
 and watched your son play in your alma mater's marching band! 






You come from generations of family men.
You are loving, caring, encouraging and patient.
I can't imagine sharing this job with any other man!













I LOVE you with All my Heart!  
HaPpy FaTheR's Day Honey!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!