Welcome to my little corner of the World...

Join me as I try to find my way as an empty-nester, wife, mom, friend, and most importantly as a Child of God.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Backyard Guests...

I have had a lot of visitors lately...a lot of them from the animal kingdom.

I woke up to these guys or gals...(how does one know?)...yesterday morning.  
The were calling out...not like the 'turkey gobble'...that sound I know, 
but sounded more like geese.  
I thought to myself, "man, those geese sure flew close to the house!"  
As I get out of bed, this is what I see.
So, I go and get my camera.  I thought there was just one...nope!  
3 turkeys sitting in the ground cover under my window!!
This one should be called a chicken, because it took off 
as soon as it heard me in the house...



Later that morning, I looked out my craft room window...and this is what I saw...
So, I had to have a little photo shoot...
     he's (again...how do you know if it's a boy or a girl?) spotted me...
For the sake of arguments we'll just say it's keeping a pretty close eye on me! 
 For some reason...it's intimidated by having a camera in it's face...go figure!



 Who said turtles are slow?????



 S-Q-U-I-R-R-E-L!!  Or should I say F-L-O-W-E-R?  
I'm easily distracted by the pretty flowers...
 Do 'ya think it's tired of having a camera all up in it's personal space??
 Photo shoot is over...time to let him ride off into the sunset...
 or at least into the grass for cover!
 F-L-O-W-E-R-S!!!


That's all the backyard guests caught on camera today folks...
tune in again soon to see the sequel...because there will be more,
I just know it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!