Welcome to my little corner of the World...

Join me as I try to find my way as an empty-nester, wife, mom, friend, and most importantly as a Child of God.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Friday Night Sunflowers

It was Friday night and the sunflowers were ready...at least we hoped they were!
We were headed to Lindsborg where Randy's uncle has several fields of sunflowers.
We had been here in June, on Father's Day, to help him harvest wheat.
I learned that weekend that he was going to plant sunflowers again this year.

66 days after planting, they would be ready to 'shoot'.  So this weekend is close to 66 days and we headed out to take some sunset & sunrise pictures of sunflowers.
Well, I was taking pictures & Randy was my driver. :)
There were sunflowers in various stages of blooming.
Notice the sky, as we were driving to Lindsborg,
we noticed a huge cloud bank rolling in.
The sun was not on board with me getting some sunset pictures.
Of course, that didn't stop me from taking pictures of sunflowers
while the sun was out for a few minutes.


These are the 3 bears sunflowers...Papa Sunflower, Mama Sunflower & baby sunflower

I did find some other flowers, or weeds to shoot...
 All soldiers...standing at attention.
Yes, I did keep getting distracted by the purple...
But, I kept coming back to these beauties!
 I wish this field was across the street from me.
Wonder if I could get my neighbor to plant these in his huge backyard?
Can you imagine waking up to the golden rolling hills everyday?
Just a little roadside farm art thrown in for good measure...
I can hardly wait for sunrise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!