Welcome to my little corner of the World...

Join me as I try to find my way as an empty-nester, wife, mom, friend, and most importantly as a Child of God.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Change...

Change...this vacation seems to be all about it!
This was the day we were going to rent jet skis for the boys...
we awoke to thunder, lightning & rain.
Since we have had 30+ days of 100+ at home...
none of us were going to be too sad about seeing rain!
We waited awhile to see if it would stop...watched tv, read, played games.
We rescheduled for the next day & then decided to hit The Strand...
an older part of Galveston with shops, Fisherman's Wharf, Oil Rig Museum...
something for everyone.
There were lots of fun & different sights!

We had gotten used to seeing houses near the water on stilts...
but an office building?
Would love to use this as a backdrop for photos...
when I get good enough!
Real, Old-fashioned Gas powered lamps!!

Cool store names...
What movie does this remind you of???


Would have loved to lunch up there...
but we didn't want to bake!
We were just getting started and they were waiting already...boys. :)
I really like this pic of my kiddos!
The boys went to tour the oil rig museum, while Lauren & I hit the shops.
It's probably a good thing that I don't live near a beach town!
I would forever be buying things to decorate my house!
It was all I could do NOT to buy lots of things in the stores down here!

These glass balls were gorgeous!  I would love to do a whole Christmas tree with them!
Always wanted a saltwater fish tank...on my bucket list!
This store had the cutest decorations!!!


This pink flamingo bottle stopper was almost worth starting to drink wine for!












:)
  This is one of my favorite pictures!

 I came real close to buying this book!
I love going barefoot!!

If only our downtown had palm trees...
Can you believe that I came home empty handed??!!
I'm sure my husband can't!
I may have to seriously start thinking about re-doing the decorations of our home...
I'm thinking something beachy...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!