Welcome to my little corner of the World...

Join me as I try to find my way as an empty-nester, wife, mom, friend, and most importantly as a Child of God.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Jet skis, sand castles & beach patrol...

THE day is Finally here!
Preston has been anxiously awaiting today...well,
actually it was yesterday that he was awaiting, but we got rained out.

The clouds are behind us...mostly.  
It's windy, looks like more storms could be rolling in, 
but you never really know what the day will bring.
Today...it's bringing jet skis!
For the boys...
It was pretty wavy out there...
and we saw them catch some serious air!
Side note:  I forgot to post pics yesterday of John's sandcastle.  The idea was to build upon it everyday.


That is until some kids next to us decided to destroy it.  I watched them from the house.  It was very disheartening especially since the parents sat there and watched them.  There needs to be some serious beach etiquette taught to these children.  And no picture, but when there are chairs set up on the beach...and there is plenty of room to place your chairs on either side...don't place your chairs in front of those already there between them and the water.  I don't want to see your backs...I want to see the water.  Move over rover....
Every morning we saw or heard this overhead...not sure what they were looking for...
just patrolling I guess.
I was ready to enjoy the day...had all I needed beach chair, towel, magazines, water, camera...Check!
Waiting for his turn on the jet skis. ;)
LOVED this view everyday!

Never tired of watching the pelicans fly & fish.
This could be my scene everyday!!







We intended to rent the jet skis for 4 hours, they ended up going for 3.  Did I mention the sea was rough that day?  I wish I would have been there when the jet ski guy told Preston he was a Hoss.  He had never seen anyone go for 3 hours on those types of waves!  Not even his son went out that long!!
This Kansas farmboy was pretty excited that he could 'hang' with the best of the beach crowd.

I think he smiled for 2 days straight!
Waves may not have been the best for jet skiing, but
it was great for body surfing!

These guys are what we called the real Beach Patrol...
they would fly in formation all. day. long.

I think I could get used to this...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!