Everything is drooping...especially us humans!
I think that we will hit 47 days over 100...how many days are in summer? ugh.....
Here are a few pics that have helped me to have a sunny disposition...
I've been going out in the evenings and the not-as-hot parts of the day to shoot some pictures of the sunflowers that I have left after the wind & hail we got a few weeks ago.
Sit back and enjoy a little sunshine without the heat!
I LOVE the art in nature!
Are you smiling yet?
Wouldn't it be great to do time-lapse photography and watch it all open up?
Orange, you glad it wasn't yellow.
HaHa! Do you remember that knock-knock joke?
Different kind, but still a sunflower.
These next pics were taken at Prairie Dunes golf course on Sunday afternoon.
While Randy was on the driving range, I was taking pictures of the sunflowers.
Oops...how did that get in there? I was really surprised when I looked at the shot that I thought I'd taken of a sunflower and found this. It was really windy that day and the flowers were moving all around. Lots of activity on this sunflower.
Have you had enough of sunflowers yet?
Not me! I'm headed to Lindsborg to take pics at sunset tonight and sunrise in the morning...(well, maybe not sunrise, but early)...of sunflowers in Randy's uncle's field. Lots and lots of sunflower pics. Maybe they will make me smile in the dead cold of winter too? :)
Saw some of these lovelies on flickr last night.
ReplyDeleteI love the picture that you captured with the bee on the sunflower. I was trying to capture a butterfly on a flower and couldn't do it! You rock! And the more pictures I scrolled through, the bigger my smile. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos. I love sunflowers, their just so cheerful! I hear ya on the droopyness. I have been contemplating on cutting back all my potted plants just to put them out of their misery!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love all your sunflower pictures. Thanks a bunch for sharing them.
ReplyDelete