It means another year of volunteering! With a new group of 1st graders...26 of them! I can't wait to get to know them all. I got to meet some of them today. Mark their supplies...every little thing. So smart...because there are always supplies on the floor and you never quite know whose it is....unless they are marked.
I hope to help in the 2nd grade class this year too...cause they were my 1st class. Remember this post? I heart them all. I miss them. I want to talk to each and everyone of them and see what they did this summer!
Today there was excitement, new boxes of crayons, pencils, new book bags, new clothes, lots of chatter...I loved it all! It made me smile. It gives me a purpose for my time. My goal again will be to encourage each and every child at least once a day while I am there. It isn't much that I do, it only takes an hour or so out of my week. But I have learned that it means a lot to the kids...and to the teacher too I think. :)
What these kids don't know...is that they give just as much if not more to me. That is what giving is...getting more than you give usually. Not always, but most of the time.
So, what will you do with your time this year? To give back to those who have given to you...
Will you encourage a child? Help a teacher? Volunteer in church? Work with the elderly? Rock a baby? Help the homeless? The hungry?
It doesn't matter how you do it...it just matters that you DO it.
You will be Blessed beyond belief...I promise!
I am so glad you do volunteer! I love having you help in my classroom.
ReplyDeletevh
I LOVE helping in your classroom! Looking forward to a fun year!
ReplyDelete