Welcome to my little corner of the World...

Join me as I try to find my way as an empty-nester, wife, mom, friend, and most importantly as a Child of God.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Come Monday...

Once again...this is the view I woke up to...
John had added to his sand castle from yesterday.
This was just about as close as we go to the beach today.
Hurricane Ike did a number on the island.
This house has yet to recover...it was our view to one direction.
This was our view from the other...looks like a nice day doesn't it?
One quick look in the other direction changed our plans for the day.

We spent the day mostly inside...

Sad, empty pail...

NO, this was NOT our beach house!
The kids were going out for the night...
everything they did had to start with 'M'...movie, McAllister's,
So, Randy & I decided to head out for the evening too.
On the way, I took pictures of the gorgeous beach houses.
well...not all gorgeous...some just interesting :)
like this one...very interesting!!
This was a farmhouse...beach style.  There were cows surrounding this land.
My kind of farm ground...near the beach!
This area of houses was one of my favorites!  I loved the purple house!
People near the beach know how to have some fun with C-O-L-O-R
Saw LOTS of these gulls this week!
The beach towns also have interesting ways to advertise their unique restaurants...
This day is just about over...and no beach time..so sad.
Here is the restaurant that Randy & I went to...not what I had expected.
I was looking for some good grilled shrimp & veggies...
everything was fried! :(
The people near us were loud & obnoxious.
One guy was with his two kids...who did NOT want to try this type of food.
He ordered a shrimp cocktail to start off with, 
they brought the shrimp on top of a snow cone in a margarita glass.
When they were done eating it, the dad flicked the top of the snow cone 
at his kids...TWICE!  Flicking ice in our direction...not cool!
We thought that maybe this would be a nice, quiet, romantic type of a dinner.
Not so...way overpriced, loud ambiance and 
surrounded with people low on manners.
At least my company was good!
We stopped to get Dippin' Dots on the way back to the beach house.
Thought we were going to get mugged...
dark parking lot, stopped by a guy asking for $$.
Got our dots to go...
Tomorrow's another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!