This is the first craft I've made from Pinterest Inspirations...
When we moved here two years ago, hubba decided we were done with 'real' Christmas trees...waahhhh! I love real trees...Frazier Firs are my fav!! So, we made the switch and I have a 'grown-up' tree upstairs and a bright fun tree downstairs. It has our ornaments from every year, bright colored bulbs & ribbon...and now a bright rainbow tree skirt!
Since the inspiration on Pinterest was actually linked to an
Etsy shop with no directions or pattern...
I made my own....thank goodness all those years of Algebra didn't go to waste!!!
Now...do I want a rainbow skirt???
Or, do I want a random bright quilt skirt??
The rainbow one stuck out to me...so Rainbow it is!!
Seems like every project I work on this fall has to do with lots of pins!!
I used every pin I own I think!!
Lots of stitching in the ditch today!! I really wanted to quilt it differently, but since I've never freehand quilted with my machine...and I didn't have time to practice before Christmas, I modified it to a 'stitch-in-the-ditch' pattern.
I had this lovely rainbow stripe fabric in my stash, so I used it for the binding.
Was a little tricky to figure out the top binding...forgot how to make my own bias tape.
I need a tool!! Maybe I'll put it on my Christmas list...along with some quilting gloves!
hint, hint hubba... ;)
Isn't it cute?! I LOVE it!Too bad it will be covered up with presents soon! HAha!
Goes with my bright ball wreath I made last year! (Inspired by the one I saw here.)
Now, my craft room is a disaster...filled with gift wrapping supplies waiting to be used...
leftover fabric that needs to be stashed...
fabric waiting for another secret project...
several projects to finish, and oh yeah...see the green & white mess?
That is a stocking...not sure it will be done for this year!
And even a broken ornament or two that I need to repair... :(
5 yds of muslin waiting for the next project...or two...
Even a dead cricket discovered when I moved the island...
wonder how I can bedazzle him for Christmas?????
Thanks for the inspiration Pinterest!!
Can't wait to see what I find there next!!!
Great job!!!
ReplyDeleteLove It!!! Such a GREAT job!! As for the cricket..gold cricket for the hearth? They are good luck ya know..LOL!!
ReplyDelete<3 it! great job.
ReplyDeleteLet me know if you find a bedazzled cricket ideas board and I will follow your pin! :)
Ok I am impressed beyond beyond!! You inspire me - maybe some day when my kids are grown....
ReplyDelete