Welcome to my little corner of the World...
Join me as I try to find my way as an empty-nester, wife, mom, friend, and most importantly as a Child of God.
Monday, December 19, 2011
Merry Christmas...Love, The Grinch
The Grinch visited our house two nights ago...he/she/they/whomever stole a Power Cat decoration that my husband made for us. He's made several others for family and friends...(I won't tell you who they are because I'm afraid Mr. Grinch will take theirs too) and finally made one for us. I'm not sure we have any left...he saved the last for us.
This person(s) have really frustrated & angered me. In the big scheme of things...it's no big deal. But...it would be nice to have something for your family that you worked hard on. Something he made out of love for us. If you liked K-State and wanted one...here's an idea...come to the door, ring the doorbell and ask where we got it...and who knows...my sweet hubba maybe would have made you one. If you don't like K-State...well, then just ignore it...like we do all the team mascots we may not be so fond of.
This single act makes me not feel as safe in my own home and has put a damper on my feelings for this town. Which is not good right now, because I'm missing family & friends. No offense anyone...but we've never had anything stolen from us in any other town. It doesn't change my opinion of the people I know here...just the thief I don't. It's also put a damper on my trust in the human race. I know it can happen anywhere....just makes me sad that this is what you resort to...taking something that doesn't belong to you.
Christmas will go on...it won't dampen my spirits for long. I will go looking for it. I'm hoping Santa spots it on his delivery route and gives us a shout!
You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch...and I hope you feel some guilt eventually. I choose to be a member of 'Who-ville'!! I will continue to fill my heart with the Love of Christ and sing the Praises of my Jesus...the Reason for the Season!
PS - You left the extension cord...if you send me your address, I'll get it right out to you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Soooo frustrating!
ReplyDeleteRrrrrrr...Gggggg....Ugggg! I HATE it when people steal from us! (& they do!) So sorry that you lost something that Randy made for you...that makes it especially hard. Keep the spirit though!
ReplyDelete