Welcome to my little corner of the World...

Join me as I try to find my way as an empty-nester, wife, mom, friend, and most importantly as a Child of God.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Anticipation...

So, what does a Grandma-to-Be do while she is
waiting for that precious baby to arrive???

Well, since she doesn't know what the gender is...
she keeps busy knitting baby hats...

And packing her bags...

She does a little retail therapy...

Calls to check on the Momma-to-Be...

Plants some fall flowers...
When the phone rings...she first looks at caller id to see if it may be 'The' call...
and is sadly disappointed when it is a telemarketer!!
Goes to dinner with a friend...

Goes to the movies...  (Courageous is a great movie by the way!)

Date night with the Grandpa-to-Be...
   Twist Yarn store, PF Chang's, JoAnn Fabrics & Orange Leaf Yogurt  :)

And she goes to the K-State games.
And helps the refs out with their calls...CLeARLY a face mask penalty is in order here!
 It was a big, Big, Big, BIg, BIG BIG WIN!!
Mostly, she knits or crochets (gotta learn some new stitches to keep her mind busy!)...
And prays...

She Thanks God for the health of the mother & baby so far, for a Dad-to-Be who loves her daughter and is as excited to meet this new member of his family, 
for friends who are happy and excited for her to become a grandma for the first time, 
and for all the Blessings in her life.  

One of the hymns we used to sing in church keeps coming to my mind...

Soon & Very Soon...

I'll be meeting my grandbaby for the first time!
And I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!