Welcome to my little corner of the World...

Join me as I try to find my way as an empty-nester, wife, mom, friend, and most importantly as a Child of God.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Saturdays + Fall = Football

Kansas State Football that is!  The last few Saturdays we have either been glued to the tv watching the out of town games or we have been in Manhattan to be there for the games.
There have been some ExCiTinG games lately!!
Here are a few lot of shots from the past few weeks...

I have 'lens' envy!!
The games have been on tv a lot...good and not so good (we'll get to that part later)
Why have I never seen this cabinet before?  Just thought it looked kind of cool.
It was Fort Riley Day...I LOVE Fort Riley Day!
Such admiration and appreciation for what these folks do!!
Willie was inducted...
'K'...
'S'...
'uuuUUUUU'...
'WILDCATS!!'
We were playing Baylor this day...Oct. 1, 2011.

This video is always a favorite part of the opening for each game...
also the band waiting and 'popcorning' at the entrance, seeing the crowd 'Wahbash',
   the football players entering...
...the Big 'K' 'S' 'T' 'A' 'T' 'E' flags...goosebumps everytime!
watching the stadium fill up...


...the kick-off, the anticipation of the first snap...exciting parts of every game

You always know that something good happened when arms block your shots...
The cannons went off every time we scored on Fort Riley Day.
On the cannon shot before this...there were perfect rings of smoke...
didn't have my camera ready :(
I think we have the best band in the area!!
And our student section rocks too!!
...'Good for a FIRST down!!'
Best way to listen/watch the game!  Only way to get all the info...
This kid was super cute!!  He got to go on the field and retrieve the, um...'ball holder'...
I know it has a name...but right now, I'm just brain dead and can't think of it....sorry boys!
Here is where the being on tv part is not always so good...
tv time-outs...
makes the game last forever!!
Gives the team lots of chances to huddle up and chat about what to do...
or where they are going to eat after the game.
Both games we have been at have had a lot of these!!
'Play is under review...'
Makes the game last a super. long. time.
I guess we get our money's worth that way?!
Halftime!!  Another favorite of mine!


I thought this was really cool!

Some of the Fort Riley Soldiers helped Willie out with the push-ups 
several times after we scored in the second half.
A friend at church heard me say that I took pictures of a KSU football game.
She had never heard of anyone taking their camera to a game.
I know...I'm a little crazy, but I like to document everything.
Maybe it's from not having any pictures from my childhood.
All I know, is that sometimes you can help out the refs with a call.
This play was 'under review'.  While the refs were reviewing...
so was I...my pictures.  They could have asked me if it was a face mask...
I had the evidence...just sayin'.

Great ending score to a really good game!
I love the close ones...
especially when we win.
:)

Plenty of pictures for this post...
I'll post about Harley Day next!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!