Welcome to my little corner of the World...

Join me as I try to find my way as an empty-nester, wife, mom, friend, and most importantly as a Child of God.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

On the Road again...Day 2 am

We are rested up, the vehicle fiasco of yesterday is behind us and we are ready to get to the beach!
See this hot air balloon?  It was right outside our hotel when we left in the morning.  I was eager to try my new camera and see what kind of shot I could get...too far away for my lens and lighting wasn't right...anyway I was focused on that and not what I was putting in the car.
A few miles down the road, Lauren & I were going to make out our grocery list.  I started looking around my seat for my notebook & (new) pen...could.not.find.it.
Then, I just started laughing uncontrollable...I knew exactly what had happened!  
I had put the notebook on top of the our car and then focused on the balloon.
Randy was driving his car & John was driving mine...so we were following...
Meanwhile, I have tears running down my face & I can hardly breath I'm laughing so hard!
John & Lauren are asking me what is so funny...I'm trying to explain...but, I'm laughing too hard!
I'm sure it came out like this...I (LOLing) notebook (hahahah) top of car!
I finally calmed down enough to tell them what I had done...and then I started laughing uncontrollable thinking what it looked like as we were driving down the road!  We've all seen someone with a drink on top of their car as they are driving down the road.  If we had been leading, I'm sure I wouldn't have lost it.  Oh well, no big loss...except for my new pen!  LOL  It was worth the comic relief!!!
 I thanked God a LOT that we didn't have the trouble that these people did...car or tire trouble
I liked this little car & was sorry that I missed the pic of the Lamborghini truck!
Have you ever noticed the intricacies of the interstate structures?  
Well, to notice them...you'd have to leave Kansas!
Randy wanted to make sure that I caught who was sleeping already...
little mid-morning snooze :)
Now, this is something I don't see in Kansas..
Jack in the Box!!  Okay...I know, nothing fancy about Jack in the Box...
But, it reminds me of when I lived in California and my uncle would take me to get tacos there.
Fun memories!
Sibling Time!!
Love this guy!  
Another sweet ride...and rain up ahead!
No Jack in the Box for us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!