Welcome to my little corner of the World...

Join me as I try to find my way as an empty-nester, wife, mom, friend, and most importantly as a Child of God.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Galveston Beach...

This is what I woke up to this morning...
John had been up super early & set up our 
beach spot for the week...Thanks John!!

It's the only picture that I have of the beach today.  I didn't take the good camera 
and I really just wanted to take it all in...the waves & the sound they make rolling in,
the smell of the fresh sea air, the sound of the birds,
the ships in the distance, the feel of the sand on my feet...
the feeling I get when I take in the beauty of all that God created!
Can you imagine being here... 'In the beginning'?
Before we polluted it...

It's amazing to me!  And being on the beach, near the water...
ALWAYS makes me feel closer to God!

I don't believe in all the 'signs' and the mumbo-jumbo of horoscopes, 
but I'm a Pisces...need I say more?  I'm a fish!
And in Kansas...I feel like a fish out of water!
The beach...is HOME to me.
We were on the hunt for a good place for supper...
it was late, the boys were HUNGRY and we had no recommendations.
This place was right down the road from our house...
about halfway back to town...
It was this place or the one across the street, 
which was super packed, figured out later 
while waiting for our food that they had some kind of concert going on.  

Decor was super cute...
It had cooled down enough and there was a lovely sea breeze...
(anyone else think of the astringent that was called 'Sea Breeze' 
when they read that?  Sorry...took me back to my teenage years...)
...so we ate outside on the patio.
The sun was setting & it was beautiful!
LOVE these two!
Grandpa-to-be & momma-to-be :)
Did you notice the pink openings in the front of the restaurant?  
When they are closed...they put these garage doors down!  
Forgot to snap a pic of it on the way out.  
So cute!!
Food was great!  
If you go...split the fries!  We took a lot home to warm up later in the week!!
Burger + Chili = One HaPpY Boy!

Burgers were fab!  We got our take-out foil & headed back to the beach house.
Walk on the beach, sitting outside on the deck talking,
watching the moon come up over the water,
falling into bed reading a book...
knowing all the time that I get to do it ALL again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!