Welcome to my little corner of the World...

Join me as I try to find my way as an empty-nester, wife, mom, friend, and most importantly as a Child of God.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 2 pm

Our tummy's are filled with yummy food from Cheesecake Factory, 
cheesecake in the cooler to be enjoyed later, 
it's raining & we are headed on the last stretch to the beach!!

So, if you saw my post here about the new bird feeder pole that my hubba made for me & knew that he put the pole on top of our car to get it home...then you would really understand why he & Preston thought this sight was so funny!  
This pole was way in front & back of the truck &
 had no red 'flags' to warn drivers...crazy!
Was really hoping that we'd see more 'red-neck' vehicles...
numbers were down this year.
WoW...that's all I got for this one!
Kansas needs to take a lesson about roadside 'curb appeal' from Texas & California.
We are definitely NOT in Kansas anymore!  
Kudos to all you who do 'this' everyday to get to work and around town...
I could NOT do this!
Once again...thanking God for our safety!
Such beauty in architecture!
We have & still are SO dry here @ home...
it was good to see Rain again & know that it STILL exists!
Do you see all that BLUE?!  The beach is so close...I can almost smell it!
Another small sign that the beach is near...Palm trees!  I want one or two!
First peek at the Gulf!!!  This makes me HaPpY HaPpY inside!
All the people parked along the sea wall...takes me back to my days in California!!!
Still lots of damage can be seen by Hurricane Ike...
reminds me of the force of Mother Nature.
Last stop before the beach house!!
Next up...the BEACH!!

1 comment:

  1. Seeing your photos of the gulf makes me miss it! While dating, the hubs and I spent alot of time in Galveston. And, we were just at Rockport a couple weeks ago. I love the Texas gulf coast!

    ReplyDelete

I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!