Welcome to my little corner of the World...

Join me as I try to find my way as an empty-nester, wife, mom, friend, and most importantly as a Child of God.

Friday, May 25, 2012

Yucca Walk


Notice I did not say...'Yuck, A Walk!'...
We like taking a walk around the neighborhood.
The hubs & I took a walk in the neighborhood a few weeks ago 
and I just couldn't resist taking my camera to shoot 
all of the pretty yucca plants in our neighborhood!
 I really like these plants...
so unique, pretty, but oh so short-lived!
 A few short days after I took these pictures,
all the beauty was gone.

They seemed to bloom in abundance this year. 
 Seems like there were Yucca everywhere...
except our yard.
:(

We also saw a few birds...
we heard this one before we saw it.
 Also saw some pretty roadside weeds...

 More yucca...
We saw them in huge patches, single flowers or big clumps.

 School's out here...time to watch out for the kiddos playing!


 These trees were flowering too!
Very pretty...
 This Honeysuckle was surrounding a mailbox in the neighborhood.
I love the smell of honeysuckle.  
I wish it lasted all summer.




 Every street seemed to be filled with yucca.
I really need to find out how to get some into our yard.
 I don't think they transplant well.
I've heard they have a long root.
Maybe I can borrow some of the seeds pods?
Any one out there know how to get these plants?





 Our neighbor has a crooked playhouse.
I love it!
I always commented on it when we were house hunting.
So cute...I want a house like that!
What do you see when you walk in your neighborhood??
Happy Friday!

4 comments:

  1. Dear Terrie,
    I loved the photos of all the beautiful flowers in your neighborhood. You have been in my thoughts and prayers.
    vh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard or seen yucca plants before and think they're beautiful. Thanks for sharing your photos of your walk and the crooked playhouse is awesome! Right now when we take our granddaughter for walks in our neighborhood we see green grass, green trees and the flowering bushes have come to an end...now they're mostly green. I have to say that we've had loads of rain in PA lately and our world is green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would love to have some of your rain Cindy! It's fun taking the grand-one for a walk isn't it! I love to watch them see their surrounding world for the first time. I don't remember seeing the yucca before we moved here. I really enjoy them! Fun to see what plants are in each region of our country...sometimes even changes within our state. Getting hot here...hope your temps are cooler there.

      Delete

I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!