I don't know how many of you have seen the Discovery Channel show American Loggers, it is a show about a group of loggers and what happens as they do their logging jobs. The following is our version...Prairie style.
Randy's tool of choice...
mine was a rope, gloves and good 'ole manual hauling power.
This is the tree that we took down.
It was a Mulberry tree that never produced purple berries...
only green. I really hope that it wasn't planted for a special reason by the previous owners. Randy thinks it was a 'volunteer tree'.
I hated to take down a tree....but we have plans for this area of our yard. I don't mind some of the natural prairie grass look, but when I look out the kitchen windows...it always looks like weeds to me.
I want to see color and lots of it.
This my Prairie Logger in action...
He made pretty quick work of cutting down this tree.
I got to get in on the action too!
We wanted to protect our neighbor's fence,
so we tied a rope to this branch and I pulled it towards our yard
while Randy sawed the trunk.
Tim-ber...
Poor tree....Tim-ber...
Such beauty in a freshly cut branch though.
The chainsaw was smoking by the time
he got done with the stump.
And the tree was a little charred.
Nice load to take to the dump.
Amazing how one big tree can be reduced to a trailer load...
My plans for the triangle area include a few trees,
lilacs, peonies and some annuals in a cute wood piece
that I saw on Pinterest. The hubs & I need to do some planning.
There are no plans for what I found...
we'll have to make up our own design.
I'd love a water feature...
but hubby isn't too keen on that idea.
I think he has visions of this floating
through his head when I suggest that.
Hmmmm....wonder why he doesn't want a water feature???
(Now, just so you don't think he did this by himself...
I did help. There was just no one to take pics of it.)
Hmmmm....wonder why he doesn't want a water feature???
(Now, just so you don't think he did this by himself...
I did help. There was just no one to take pics of it.)
We'll see what our landscape designer comes up with,
but I can already see it in my head.
What kind of outdoor projects do you have planned?






No comments:
Post a Comment
I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!