The Hubs & I did something that we rarely EVER do...
we played hooky from church.
My son told me if he was home he would have shook his finger at me.
(I forgot to ask him if he went that morning...hmmm)
It was a gorgeous day and I'd been cooped up in the house for far too long.
I had been wanting to go to Tanganyika Wildlife Park for awhile.
I didn't want to go when it was hot & the animals would be hiding.
So, when I made the suggestion on Saturday night...
Randy said yes...sounds like fun.
He knows me so well, that when I took out my camera and said slow down...
he just stopped so I could take a picture of this beautiful purple field of weeds!
This pic doesn't do it justice.
Field was full of henbit...but it sure was pretty!
Our first stop was the Giraffe feeding station...
they don't really like to be petted
I LoVe the giraffes!
There is really quite a lot to see...
I think this guy was waiting to be fed...
this was the only side we got to see.
Randy said it was his better side.
This guy was HUGE!!!
I shot a series of face pictures of him...
Not sure if he was chewing on something or just his tongue...
Or if he was just playing along...
and making faces at me!
Don't you love how he is sticking out his tongue?!
SMILE for the camera lady...
Alright lady...I'm DoNe!
These guys would jump between preening each other to wrestling...
A face only a mother could love???
Kids were using their tokens to feed her...
big, huge animal...
tiny morsels of food!
Want to see some rhino molars???
I'd hate to meet up with that horn in the jungle!
These love birds were drying off after a bath.
This one decided to take a second rinse cycle.
What are you looking at?? Haven't you seen a bird get groomed before?
Kookaburra...sits in an old gum tree-ee...
Merry, merry king of the bush is he-ee...
Laugh, kookaburra, laugh kookaburra...
Gay your life must be!
(Sorry...couldn't resist!)
Don't just walk by this guy...
stop & say 'hello'...
He'll say 'hello' right back.
And he'll even strut his stuff & fluff his plume for you!
We turned the corner and saw this...
Not a bracelet I'll be looking to buy in the near future!
Her name is Cleo...
sorry, God...
I don't think she's cute.
I DID step out of my comfort zone and touch her back though...
that's big for me & the hubs!!
I think someone needs to tell these animals that this weather is purrrfect.
They should be galavanting around...summer will be here soon enough,,,
and it will be HOT then!
What is it with these animals sticking their tongue out at me today???
ALL the kangaroos looked like this!
I think someone poisoned the water hole!!!
These bunnies were sooooo cute!
This little girl was surrounded by them!
There were lots of these guys/gals (how does one know??) sunning themselves.
They had some cute chickens!
This guy/gal was kind of cute...and covered in hay!
The others were eating the hay off of its back.
This one could use a trip to the orthodontist...
serious buck teeth! But so cute!
Aren't these little kids cute??
I also LOVE Penguins!!!
Could have stayed and played with them all day!
I think they were waiting for lunch...
Gimme four??????
This Koi was huge!
Made me miss our pond in Mac!
Such a gorgeous spring day!
Trees in bloom!!
These guys/gals were kind of cute...
especially the babies!
One of these mamas had one baby, the other was carrying two.
So pretty...and so lazy.
Didn't see that this one was carrying a baby until I was almost ready to move on...
These guys were all sleeping when we got there in the morning.
By the time we were ready to leave...
they were all awake and chasing each other all over their habitat.
Had to snap a pic of a little giraffe love on the way out...
This wildlife park is right in the middle of a housing development.
Can you imagine looking out your back door and seeing Giraffes & Zebras?
I'd hate to get a phone call that...
um, our tigers got loose...
Are you missing your dog?
We had a great time!
It will be fun to take the grandson there when he gets a little older.
Our day got even wilder...
we made a stop at Best Buy.
While we were walking in...
Randy said...
"Oh look...I didn't know that store was there!"
Yeah, right....
We stopped in...don't get too excited guys...
I didn't have my camera in there ...
so no pics of tools and such.
I did feel a surge in testosterone when we walked in the door,
We involuntarily started grunting...
And it got wilder on the way home....
Amish buggy in Yoder...
love hearing the clip-clop on the road.
Almost home...jets landing at the airport.
See these over our house all the time.
I looked down the road to the right of me...
and it was weird to see this jet right above the houses!
Glad we don't live any closer...
That was our 'wild' Sunday!
Great day together...
relaxing and worshipping God's creation.
It was kind of church then, right?

























No comments:
Post a Comment
I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!