I'm celebrating...this is my 100th post!!
So, what does one do to celebrate 100 blog posts?
Not really, sure what others do,
but since I'm also celebrating a BiG BiRtHdaY for my son...
this is going to be a very special post for me!

I called home to check in before I left to come home.
Dad said he had just weighed you...
he said you didn't gain a pound that week.
I said...Thank God!
Dad said...you gained a pound and a quarter!!!
(We may have called you Tank 1 or 2...or maybe Blimp,jr. ...your Dad's nickname in high school)
When I peeked my head around the corner, you were concentrating on unrolling
the toilet paper. I cracked up and went to get the camera.
You thought you were in trouble...you weren't.
I still had to take a pic...cause it was so cute.
You weren't the easiest baby. You didn't like to nap & you were sick a lot.
You are allergic to 4 meds...this is how we found out. You were a very sick little boy...
we almost lost you. I count my Blessings every day that we didn't....
I don't know what I would have done.
Sharing a little lunch with Daddy in the field...

Here are a few of my favorite pics throughout the years...
Celebrating a Moundridge Wildcat game in Manhattan for 2A Basketball!
Playing Little Red Caboose with your sister!
Always did and still have to have a sibling pic in front of the tree!
I can still hear you laughing at your sister being silly in the tub!!!

and then JuMp into!! The dog liked to hide in the middle...
One of my favorite outfits on you...and of course...your cow!
You have the cutest face and expressions!!
Do you remember the year you got a cow from your babysitter?
She had Santa deliver it to you.
Helping Dad put his birthday present together...
You were so into cows!
This is the cow sweatsuit that I designed and painted for you.
Everytime we would see a cow on the side of the road you would point it out.
Dad says he still remembers when I took this picture.
Washing off your peddle tractor.
So proud of your new bike with training wheels.
I don't think that you had to use them too long!
Nothing like a little water balloon fun on a hot afternoon!!
Love this pic...
we were playing with some kittens.
And you stopped to give me a sweet smile :)
Waiting for the harvest crew to arrive...
your love of farming started early!!
You have always been Larry's helper!!
One of our favorite vacation spots!!
I'm not sure where we were or what you were doing...
but you were doing a great job! Safety first!!
Saying goodbye to the combine...
I think you & Dad had a good cry over that.
Getting a little assistance from the Big Sis
on one of our trips to Colorado.
Maybe this was after you fell into a creek...brrrrrr!
Nice visit in California...Uncle Craig taking you for a spin!
Who can forget all the bus rides?!
You have always had a big caring heart.
This was the tornado cleanup in Haysville after the tornado hit.
Helping with the yard work!
Helping Dad adjust Lauren's bike.
I remember you working with your Dad in the shed for hours.
I still treasure the board where you carved my name out.
Hangs with honor in my craft room!
I also remember the airplanes you would make out of scrap wood.
Getting a lift from Dad at Disney World!
I had so much fun making your Halloween costumes!!
Take off the hoods and you guys used these as sweats for a long time!
So much fun painting cow spots!
More Disney World photos...
This is one of my all time favorite photos!
Hanging the wren house on the farm...
maybe made by Great-Grandpa Dale.
You always loved working your trucks in the dirt...just like dad!
Another tradition...
Easter pics with the year in Eggs!
Love of the farm started soooo early!!
We couldn't keep you off the tractors!
Building the tree house with Dad!
Harvest Crew...
Chillin' with Dad...
Anything with a motor...
you were on it!
My two favorite boys...
on vacation in Colorado.
We had a lot of fun on this trip!
That fish was about as big as you were!!
Do you remember flying with Gene in his plane?
How about when he buzzed the farm the next morning???!!
You & your Huge pumpkins.
Ended up selling them for donations for a 911 family.
One of the most tender-hearted memories I have of you!!
Oh look...super big smile?
Super big pile of wheat!!
I think that Lauren had been up at college...
you really missed her.
I don't know who cried more when we left her there...me or you.
Your relationship became even closer!!
Wait a minute?!
That is a green tractor!!!
Ok...another all-time favorite!
Dad took this one at Rock Springs when our family was celebrating
Grandma & Grandpa Galle's 45th wedding anniversary.
You wouldn't be telling them what to do would you?
I loved watching you walk side-by-side...
Do you remember our car trip to California?
The only road that we went on twice?
The road from the interstate to the farm.
I always enjoyed watching you march in the Marching Band!
I always wished you would practice more...
because I was selfish...I loved to hear the trumpet.
I still do!
You graduated from mowers and little tractors to the real deal!
And hauling the grain cart!
I enjoyed watching your confidence grow when you were part of the crew.
Still worked!
Even drove it in the Senior Parade!!
Some of my favorite senior photos?
The ones I took using the shed doors as a background!
Good thing we took this picture then...
that chicken house is about to fall down!
Trying on some silly hats when we were on the crusie with the 25 to 30 foot sea swells!
Do you remember that rocking boat?? You and I just about didn't make it...
but we did it! No hurling over the side for us! :)
I couldn't believe that you found a starfish!
Out of all the beaches I have been to...
I'd only seen them on the pillars of the piers.
You take a step into the ocean at Cocoa Beach and pick up a starfish!
You wanted to bring it home...so did I!
But, I always respect the wildlife and said the only way we could was if it were dead.
We turned it over and waited...
it moved it's 'feet?'.
It stayed in the Atlantic.
But I was ever thankful that it posed for a picture.
Love this picture of you and Dad.
(Another favorite...the snorkel dorks!!)
I wonder how many K-State games we have been to?
It started out when you were pretty little...
You guys were so stoic...
I could hardly ever get a pic of you guys smiling!
I loved watching you grow spiritually through the years.
These guys were a pretty important part of your life.
So many great memories of mission trips, youth groups and of course...
Taco lunches with the guys at our house!
Don't think you will ever forget the sharp turn you took!
Thanks Uncle Craig!
Hey, I did get you smiling.
Chris didn't get the memo...
Back at our favorite vacation spot!
St. George Island!!
I have so many great pics of the two of you on this trip!
You finally got a 'brother' in the family!!
Dad was trying to fill your hat!
I'm not sure who misses her more...
me or you!
She was such a fun dog!
Except when she licked the icing off of your peanut butter cake at graduation!!
I love how you two are always there to support each other.
I used to worry if you would ever be close.
The age difference between you two made it challenging for you two.
You were always at different stages.
Stay close. Dad & I won't be around forever.
You need each other. You are the only other family each other has.
Even when you used to 'bonk' your sister and bug her because you wanted to be close to her...
you always had each other's backs.
I pray you always will.
You have always liked to be where Dad was.
Doing what he was doing.
Learning how to farm, shoot hoops, golf,
build things...
But you are your own person.
Golfing is not your favorite thing...and that is okay.
I do love when you work or play side-by-side.
I will always treasure the pictures of you building my craft room
with your Dad & Grandpa Jerroll.
You had a great role model...
you learned from a wonderful caring man.
It's hard to believe that you are becoming your own man.
You make us very proud of who you have become!
This was a hard day for me.
It was time to set you free.
My nest was empty...
my job was done?
I pray it's never done....
I will always be your Mom.
I will always be here for you.
Even though you are a grown-up...
we are still here to listen to your heart,
laugh with you and love you forever!
I have had a lot of time to reflect this week.
Did I do the best job that I could do?
Did I fail you? I hope not...
Did I make mistakes? Yes, I did.
I pray that I apologized when I did.
I pray that I corrected some of the mistakes that my mom made.
I still made enough of my own....
I pray that you will correct the ones I make.
But realize that you will also make your own.
It's okay when you do...
No one is perfect!
And never forget...our God Loves us!
Even more than we love each one in our family!!!
We were so proud when you marched onto the KSU field as a member of the Marching Band.
I know how much hard work and discipline that took.
I hope you have some great memories for life from that year!
What a day this was!
Standing up with your sister and brother-in-law.
Worried when you broke your wrist that the cast would show.
We had such a full day...
wedding in the morning...
KSU Football game at night.
It will be so fun to add another into our family someday.
Take your time. Pray that God will show you the right one.
That He will show you the qualities that He desires for you to have in a spouse.
Enjoy your life now, work hard, God will show you when the time is right.
This is one of my favorite family pictures.
The one thing that I regret...
not being in more photos.
I was usually the one taking the photos!
I need to change that!
Hard to believe that a few years after this...
we have gained two family members!
It was such a joy for this momma...
to see the genuine love and concern that you had for your sister
when she was in labor. And the instant love you had for your nephew.
It's also funny that you quickly pass him off when he starts to cry.
It will be fun to see him look up to you as you teach him to be a part of our family.
That we like to play..,your love of cows and tractors...
how to tell when wheat is ripe, your skill building with legos,
your sense of humor and your compassion.
How we love our God when life is tough and praise Him when life is good!
Yeah...especially through your love of music!
I love it when you share your favorite songs with me!
Oh, and you will definitely have to teach him how to do impressions!
Start with Brian Regan!
It's a privilege that I have.
To be your Mom.
I know that you are on loan to us.
You don't belong to us.
You are a Child of God.
I have tried to teach you,
but I am imperfect.
He is your Teacher.
Let Him be your Raboni!
He is perfect.
As much as I always want to be there....
I know I can't.
But He can.
He always has been and He always will be!
but since I'm also celebrating a BiG BiRtHdaY for my son...
this is going to be a very special post for me!
Twenty-One years ago today our family became complete.
Our little family of four...
Mom, Dad, Daughter & Son.
We had been at Grandma Marilyn's the night before for a gathering.
Dad's Aunt June asked me if I was having contractions.
I told her no. (I really didn't think I was.)
She was apparently pretty perceptive...
Because I awoke in the early morning hours and told Dad
that we need to head to the hospital.
The funniest thing was, we had gotten a new van & Dad wanted to check
it out on the open highways...of Kansas...at 2 in the morning.
So he figured he had a good excuse if we got stopped...
wouldn't you know...we had to use the excuse...but it was no excuse!
Yes officer...I know I was speeding.
My wife is in labor...this would be where the very nice officer shone his flashlight
at me. Yup, you guessed it ...right in the middle of a contraction!
He asked if we knew our way to the hospital...we said we did,
but he gave us a nice police escort anyways.
A few hours later...at 8:23 am on a Monday morning...
you Blessed us with your presence...all 7lbs 1oz.
The hardest thing for me was we had to wait to tell you sister until she got out of preschool!
You were instantly loved by many family & friends!
I love this photo of you checking out your sister on your first night home.
A week later...she still loved you!
You didn't seem to like posing for your Dedication pictures...
(Neither did your Uncle Brad...LOL!!)
Looks like Great-Grandma Bertha had the right touch!!

For the first few weeks of your life, you gained about a pound a week.
One week I was in Wichita at a friend's (Yup, that was you, Sharla) on a Saturday.I called home to check in before I left to come home.
Dad said he had just weighed you...
he said you didn't gain a pound that week.
I said...Thank God!
Dad said...you gained a pound and a quarter!!!
(We may have called you Tank 1 or 2...or maybe Blimp,jr. ...your Dad's nickname in high school)
Great-Grandma wanted to know if I was feeding you straight cream!
See...you were a chunky monkey too!
Hayden has his work cut out to catch up to you! :)
And this was so funny....you had crawled into the bathroom and I couldn't find you.When I peeked my head around the corner, you were concentrating on unrolling
the toilet paper. I cracked up and went to get the camera.
You thought you were in trouble...you weren't.
I still had to take a pic...cause it was so cute.
You weren't the easiest baby. You didn't like to nap & you were sick a lot.
You are allergic to 4 meds...this is how we found out. You were a very sick little boy...
we almost lost you. I count my Blessings every day that we didn't....
I don't know what I would have done.
You liked to play catch or any kind of ball in the big yard at the farm.
You were playing catch here with Grandpa Jerroll when we were on a cookout.
You would get the cutest hair do's in the mornings.
Just like your momma!

Celebrating #1...where did all the years go??!!!

Here are a few of my favorite pics throughout the years...
Celebrating a Moundridge Wildcat game in Manhattan for 2A Basketball!
Playing Little Red Caboose with your sister!
Always did and still have to have a sibling pic in front of the tree!
I can still hear you laughing at your sister being silly in the tub!!!
Remember the tents?
We had to do that several times....

You always wanted to be right in the middle of any project we were working on.
I loved watching you work by Dad...side-by-side!
Do you remember the HUGE piles of leaves that we would rake upand then JuMp into!! The dog liked to hide in the middle...
One of my favorite outfits on you...and of course...your cow!
You have the cutest face and expressions!!
Do you remember the year you got a cow from your babysitter?
She had Santa deliver it to you.
Helping Dad put his birthday present together...
You were so into cows!
This is the cow sweatsuit that I designed and painted for you.
Everytime we would see a cow on the side of the road you would point it out.
Dad says he still remembers when I took this picture.
Washing off your peddle tractor.
So proud of your new bike with training wheels.
I don't think that you had to use them too long!
Nothing like a little water balloon fun on a hot afternoon!!
Love this pic...
we were playing with some kittens.
And you stopped to give me a sweet smile :)
Waiting for the harvest crew to arrive...
your love of farming started early!!
You have always been Larry's helper!!
One of our favorite vacation spots!!
I'm not sure where we were or what you were doing...
but you were doing a great job! Safety first!!
Saying goodbye to the combine...
I think you & Dad had a good cry over that.
Getting a little assistance from the Big Sis
on one of our trips to Colorado.
Maybe this was after you fell into a creek...brrrrrr!
Nice visit in California...Uncle Craig taking you for a spin!
Who can forget all the bus rides?!
You have always had a big caring heart.
This was the tornado cleanup in Haysville after the tornado hit.
Helping with the yard work!
Helping Dad adjust Lauren's bike.
I remember you working with your Dad in the shed for hours.
I still treasure the board where you carved my name out.
Hangs with honor in my craft room!
I also remember the airplanes you would make out of scrap wood.
Getting a lift from Dad at Disney World!
I had so much fun making your Halloween costumes!!
Take off the hoods and you guys used these as sweats for a long time!
So much fun painting cow spots!
More Disney World photos...
This is one of my all time favorite photos!
Hanging the wren house on the farm...
maybe made by Great-Grandpa Dale.
You always loved working your trucks in the dirt...just like dad!
Not always so fond of practicing...
but it was more fun when you did it together!!
Trying to juggle the many hats of Great-Grandpa Dale!!Another tradition...
Easter pics with the year in Eggs!
Love of the farm started soooo early!!
We couldn't keep you off the tractors!
Building the tree house with Dad!
Harvest Crew...
Chillin' with Dad...
Anything with a motor...
you were on it!
My two favorite boys...
on vacation in Colorado.
We had a lot of fun on this trip!
That fish was about as big as you were!!
Do you remember flying with Gene in his plane?
How about when he buzzed the farm the next morning???!!
You & your Huge pumpkins.
Ended up selling them for donations for a 911 family.
One of the most tender-hearted memories I have of you!!
Oh look...super big smile?
Super big pile of wheat!!
I think that Lauren had been up at college...
you really missed her.
I don't know who cried more when we left her there...me or you.
Your relationship became even closer!!
Wait a minute?!
That is a green tractor!!!
Ok...another all-time favorite!
Dad took this one at Rock Springs when our family was celebrating
Grandma & Grandpa Galle's 45th wedding anniversary.
You wouldn't be telling them what to do would you?
I loved watching you walk side-by-side...
Do you remember our car trip to California?
The only road that we went on twice?
The road from the interstate to the farm.
All of a sudden, you wouldn't mind naps.
When did you stretch up so much??
Yet another harvest crew!I always enjoyed watching you march in the Marching Band!
I always wished you would practice more...
because I was selfish...I loved to hear the trumpet.
I still do!
You graduated from mowers and little tractors to the real deal!
And hauling the grain cart!
I enjoyed watching your confidence grow when you were part of the crew.
Still worked!
Even drove it in the Senior Parade!!
Some of my favorite senior photos?
The ones I took using the shed doors as a background!
Good thing we took this picture then...
that chicken house is about to fall down!
Trying on some silly hats when we were on the crusie with the 25 to 30 foot sea swells!
Do you remember that rocking boat?? You and I just about didn't make it...
but we did it! No hurling over the side for us! :)
I couldn't believe that you found a starfish!
Out of all the beaches I have been to...
I'd only seen them on the pillars of the piers.
You take a step into the ocean at Cocoa Beach and pick up a starfish!
You wanted to bring it home...so did I!
But, I always respect the wildlife and said the only way we could was if it were dead.
We turned it over and waited...
it moved it's 'feet?'.
It stayed in the Atlantic.
But I was ever thankful that it posed for a picture.
Love this picture of you and Dad.
(Another favorite...the snorkel dorks!!)
I wonder how many K-State games we have been to?
It started out when you were pretty little...
You guys were so stoic...
I could hardly ever get a pic of you guys smiling!
I loved watching you grow spiritually through the years.
These guys were a pretty important part of your life.
So many great memories of mission trips, youth groups and of course...
Taco lunches with the guys at our house!
Don't think you will ever forget the sharp turn you took!
Thanks Uncle Craig!
Hey, I did get you smiling.
Chris didn't get the memo...
Back at our favorite vacation spot!
St. George Island!!
I have so many great pics of the two of you on this trip!
You finally got a 'brother' in the family!!
Dad was trying to fill your hat!
I'm not sure who misses her more...
me or you!
She was such a fun dog!
Except when she licked the icing off of your peanut butter cake at graduation!!
I love how you two are always there to support each other.
I used to worry if you would ever be close.
The age difference between you two made it challenging for you two.
You were always at different stages.
Stay close. Dad & I won't be around forever.
You need each other. You are the only other family each other has.
Even when you used to 'bonk' your sister and bug her because you wanted to be close to her...
you always had each other's backs.
I pray you always will.
You have always liked to be where Dad was.
Doing what he was doing.
Learning how to farm, shoot hoops, golf,
build things...
But you are your own person.
Golfing is not your favorite thing...and that is okay.
I do love when you work or play side-by-side.
I will always treasure the pictures of you building my craft room
with your Dad & Grandpa Jerroll.
You had a great role model...
you learned from a wonderful caring man.
It's hard to believe that you are becoming your own man.
You make us very proud of who you have become!
This was a hard day for me.
It was time to set you free.
My nest was empty...
my job was done?
I pray it's never done....
I will always be your Mom.
I will always be here for you.
Even though you are a grown-up...
we are still here to listen to your heart,
laugh with you and love you forever!
I have had a lot of time to reflect this week.
Did I do the best job that I could do?
Did I fail you? I hope not...
Did I make mistakes? Yes, I did.
I pray that I apologized when I did.
I pray that I corrected some of the mistakes that my mom made.
I still made enough of my own....
I pray that you will correct the ones I make.
But realize that you will also make your own.
It's okay when you do...
No one is perfect!
And never forget...our God Loves us!
Even more than we love each one in our family!!!
We were so proud when you marched onto the KSU field as a member of the Marching Band.
I know how much hard work and discipline that took.
I hope you have some great memories for life from that year!
What a day this was!
Standing up with your sister and brother-in-law.
Worried when you broke your wrist that the cast would show.
We had such a full day...
wedding in the morning...
KSU Football game at night.
It will be so fun to add another into our family someday.
Take your time. Pray that God will show you the right one.
That He will show you the qualities that He desires for you to have in a spouse.
Enjoy your life now, work hard, God will show you when the time is right.
This is one of my favorite family pictures.
The one thing that I regret...
not being in more photos.
I was usually the one taking the photos!
I need to change that!
Hard to believe that a few years after this...
we have gained two family members!
It was such a joy for this momma...
to see the genuine love and concern that you had for your sister
when she was in labor. And the instant love you had for your nephew.
It's also funny that you quickly pass him off when he starts to cry.
It will be fun to see him look up to you as you teach him to be a part of our family.
That we like to play..,your love of cows and tractors...
how to tell when wheat is ripe, your skill building with legos,
your sense of humor and your compassion.
How we love our God when life is tough and praise Him when life is good!
Yeah...especially through your love of music!
I love it when you share your favorite songs with me!
Oh, and you will definitely have to teach him how to do impressions!
Start with Brian Regan!
It's a privilege that I have.
To be your Mom.
I know that you are on loan to us.
You don't belong to us.
You are a Child of God.
I have tried to teach you,
but I am imperfect.
He is your Teacher.
Let Him be your Raboni!
He is perfect.
As much as I always want to be there....
I know I can't.
But He can.
He always has been and He always will be!
He will be your Ever Perfect guide in this life!
But...when you need a listening ear or a hug...
or that favorite recipe...
I will always be here...as long as I walk this earth!
And when I'm gone...I'll be 2nd in line...
right after Jesus, to greet you!
I Love you, son!!
HaPpY 21st BiRtHdaY!!!












































































Thank you Terrie for sharing these precious words and thoughts of your son! What a blessing you are to your family and to others! Love you! Linda
ReplyDelete