Welcome to my little corner of the World...

Join me as I try to find my way as an empty-nester, wife, mom, friend, and most importantly as a Child of God.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Moving on...

So, I'm REALLY ready to move on from this
Pain in the Neck!!!
My counter is starting to look like a pharmacy!  
I may hang a sign over my door if this keeps up!

I haven't been able to take too many pictures lately,
because who really wants to see me pinning to my pinterest board, or watching more tv?
I could have taken pics of me paying bills or doing my Bible study...
but really?  Not that exciting.  
I will tell you that it took everything in me to do my Bible study.
I loved the study..another Beth Moore favorite, James!
Of course, it would include writing out the whole book of James.
That was the most difficult part for me...so hard to write when you are in so much pain.
But I was bound and determined to do it...I missed a lot of the videos 
because I just couldn't stand the pain to sit there for an hour or more.
I'll have to see if I can borrow them from church and see what I missed.
I feel bad for my small group too...I wasn't in full leadership mode...
Hopefully God found a way to Bless them each week.

Let's look at some of the things I have been able to do...
I never did do a final post from our trip to the Cotton Bowl.
We could call it...The Long Ride Home...but
I always find ways to entertain myself in the car.
Singing praise or 70's tunes to the radio and 'dancing'...
knitting, crocheting, or taking pics of things we see on the way.

Unfortunately, I can't read in the car.
I get so carsick!  Sorry...TMI??
We stopped to make a return at Barnes & Noble in Oklahoma
and I got these books among some others.
I couldn't wait to get home and read them!
I got about 3 books on photography, but this one on my camera...
is my favorite!  I've been reading it a lot lately.
I also found this awesome book on doodling!
I found someone on pinterest who pinned a bunch of beautiful doodles
and a few of the blogs I follow have had doodling posts.
Gorgeous form of art that I WILL master!!
Considering I struggle to draw a stick figure...
this could be more of a challenge than you think!

Since Bible study is over...I've been pouring over these books!
Can't wait to practice with both of them!  
:)
 While I was looking for the above picture in my files...
I came across the following pictures.
 We were leaving Norman, Ok...and Randy **I've been corrected**
Preston saw the team 'supply' bus...
(sorry P!!)
 Of course, I had to get some pics of it!
I don't think we were the first to do this...
The driver posed for me, but it didn't come out too good...too close and too fast.

 Yeah...we honked and carried on like a bunch of crazy KSU fans
even though we lost...EMAW!!!
Guess we'll cheer on the Cats tomorrow in the NCAA Bball tournaments!
I love March Madness!!!

And btw...I'm loving the weather.  (Of course, I wouldn't mind some rain or snow 
since I've been stuck in the house...in bed or on the couch.)
It's been nice to have the windows open!
Hope the weather is great where you are and you can get out and enjoy it!
Who are you rooting for in the NCAA tournaments??
Good Luck to your teams!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!