Welcome to my little corner of the World...

Join me as I try to find my way as an empty-nester, wife, mom, friend, and most importantly as a Child of God.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Time for an update, Pain & another Diaper Bag...

So this is a story that was part of a post I started in October...

You know it's time for a new blog post when your 11 year old nephew tells you that 'it's been a while since you posted anything new on your blog.'

And then he goes on to say...'You know I read your blog.  Most of them are pretty good.'
me...'oh, which ones weren't so good?'
nephew...'Actually all of them are pretty good.  Most of them have a pretty good sense of humor...for an adult.'
me...'Thanks...I think.  I am pretty funny you know.  I have a pretty good sense of humor.'
nephew...smiles and nods.

That kid!  He's got a pretty good sense of humor himself!

It could apply to now though.  Seems like my blogging has been hit or miss since October.  Seems like there is just not much free time after you have a grandson! :)  I felt like I was playing catch up until after Christmas.  Then we went to the Cotton Bowl, I've been busy sewing, doing Bible study, moving a child to college, taking down Christmas (still have to pack a few things away) and for the last 4 days - I've been bed bound.  I've had a pinched nerve in my shoulder...with pain in my right arm.  Last night was the 1st night in 3 that I have been able to get some sleep.  Things are slowly looking up.

So, here is another diaper bag made for a friend's Baby shower.  Her little girl was born last week...since I've been down, I haven't been able to meet her yet!  Remember the one I made for my daughter for my grandone?  You can see it here.

This pattern is super easy and this one got to be in pink!!
Lots & lots of Pink!!



The 'birth' of a bag...

Ha ha...so funny!!



It wasn't until it was done that I realized that I could have matched up the top...duh!
I made a changing pad for this too... 
Love these colors!!  
I LoVeD the pink patterns too!!!!


It's always fun when you get to share something that you made especially for someone.
I apologized to her husband for all the pink!!
Seriously, I did!  LOL!!  Poor guy...
I see a lot of pink in his future!

I'm really hoping to get back on my feet soon!
There are so many sewing, knitting & other craft projects that I want to get to.
Of course, there is also cleaning, laundry and cooking that is not getting done either.
For some reason, I don't care as much about those things....
they always seem to crop up again & again...
But, man...I'm really ready to get back into my craft room!!

Until then...enjoy the PinK!!



1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry that you are not feeling well, I hope you are back on your feet again soon.

    This is an amazing diaper bag. Could I order one for my grandson (yep, it's a boy!) due in June???!

    ReplyDelete

I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!