Welcome to my little corner of the World...

Join me as I try to find my way as an empty-nester, wife, mom, friend, and most importantly as a Child of God.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Cotton Bowl!! Bring on the Cats!!!

I think I have Finally finished going through my Cotton Bowl pictures...almost 1000 of them!
So, let's put this game to bed!

It was so cool just walking into the building!
So HUGE! 
And it had been 'personalized' just for the Cotton Bowl teams!
We weren't sitting with our family at this game.
Randy's friend had asked us to sit with him in one of the Hall of Fame Suites.
We were excited to be in a suite, 
but...I kind of wanted to be with our family & other KSU fans.
We had no idea where the suite was.  
I was hoping it would be on the KSU side...
we were on the Arkansas side.
The upside to that was that I could photo the KSU side!!
We were at one corner of the field and our family & friends were across from us.
On the rules for the stadium...it said that you couldn't bring in a camera with a lens
larger than 3".  Man...that disappointed me.  I have one lens that would have worked.
I had just gotten a telephoto lens that I really wanted to play with!
Randy said...try to take them all in...if you can't I'll take them back to the car.
Preston had sent me a text to see if I got them in...I told him that they took them all.
I think he was a little worried for me...
I was on the phone letting him off the hook.
I had gotten them all in...had my new lens on & told him to smile & wave!!
Randy's parents and our California relatives were spotted right away too.
They sat about the 50 yard line...they are the four near the railing.
Since we had no idea what level the suite was on, Preston kept teasing us that his seat would be better.
But, Randy kept coming back with..."Yeah, but I'll have great nachos!"...
So here is our pre-game munchies...Fancy nachos & Mac 'n Cheese!
I've NEVER had mac 'n cheese at a football game...it was awesome!!
It was pretty comfy inside the dome!!
Jimmy Johnson was just down 4 suites from us.
Let the festivities Begin!!!
Pre-game dancers...
This is where the goose bumps really kicked in for me!
I always get chills when the band takes the field!!

I even spotted my friend & her family!!
They were about 3/4 of the field away from us...so it's a little grainy.
They are below the 'hog'...
This was so cool!  I had the wrong lens on my camera to get the whole field in the picture.
Love the pageantry of the Cotton Bowl!!
Love the take-off on Chik-fil-A...
Eat Mor Bacon!!
All the signs at the games crack me up!
The excitement of the team, crowd & band as the team entered
the stadium and gathered at the other end was awesome!
All the 'Big Wigs' waiting for the formalities to begin...
To be fair...here is the Arkansas team entering the stadium...
now remember I said fair...not Equal!!
So much press...you can hardly see the players.
Can I get a press pass please??!
We kept quiet...because we were on the Arkansas side!
This stadium really is amazing!
They even had cars 'in the rafters' as advertisement for Ford on one end!!
Let the Game Begin!!!!!

Have you ever really watched all the different contortions that football players go through?
He looks like he is flying through the air!
We had a close-up of the Arkansas fans...
this guy was fun to watch.
We were right behind...I mean RIGHT BEHIND the Arkansas band!
Checking on the family...
I was taking a picture of all the signs at the other end of the stadium...
didn't know that I had captured our friend who is in the wheelchair 
right in the middle of the photo!
We knew he was at the game, but hadn't run into him yet.
We did find him once he was shown on the jumbo tron 
when they were scanning the band.
I yelled at Randy...'there's BO!!'
Oh joy...there's another flag on the play!
I think that we had 3 flags in a row...sigh...
We heard this a LOT!
I got sooooo tired of it!
And no offense to any 'hogs' out there...
But we were so thankful that we weren't.
I know they love their traditions and mascots,
but we LOVE our Wildcats & WaBash!!
yup...3 penalty plays later...33 yards to go for a 1st down....
Come on Cats!!
Make it happen Colin!!
More 'hog' calling...
Crowd is Really into it aren't they?
So glad I had my camera to keep my busy...
was a little boring slow for KSU fans at times.
Especially Missouri KSU fans... :)
It was fun to look through my pics and see all the crazy positions 
that football players get themselves into.
Just. Out. of. Reach.
Kind of how the whole game went...
Well, not the whole game!
They blocked an extra point and took it All the Way to the other end for 2 Points!!
What's-his-name from Family Guy is it?
I don't watch the show...
But I really liked that he was cheering for the Cats!!
Hmmmm?  Face mask??
Run Colin!  Run!!
This happened WAY too often!
And this one was a little scary!
I couldn't see him move his legs after he put his leg down...
Cool overhead helicopter shot while they were killing time...
Serious concern...
on Both sides of the field.
Love how the team rallied around him...
it always makes me sad when a player has to be carted off the field.
W...C...!!!  What a guy!!
Letting us know he was still thinking about his Cats!!
Halftime!!

I love this routine that the KSU Marching Band does!!
Here come the dancers again...
We mostly got to see the backs of them. 
Wow...that is all...just Wow!!
We started out the 2nd half well!!
There was still hope!
This is when our friend was on the BIG screen and how I found him for reals!
Lots of High 5 excitement in the air!!
Still LOTS of time to move ahead...
There was some kind of contest in the schools...
just look at this artwork!!  They showed the 2nd & 3rd places too...Fabulous!!
They can definitely draw better than me!!
Can you find the ball?  It's almost like Where's Waldo?!
Yep...another one bites the dust...
Shooting in high speed is so much fun...
check out the next 4 shots.
Wish you could flip through them and see the motion.

Wonder if 'this is gonna hurt' ever goes through their minds as they are going down?

Makes me nervous every time Colin looks to the sideline to get a play...
I'm always looking at the clock!
Wonder how many of those were KSU fans?
And Bill heads out to the field again!!
You all know how it ended...
We just couldn't quite put it altogether in the end.
But it was a great game and great experience!!
Except for the part where we had to walk back to the car amongst
mostly Arkansas fans.  And I know it wasn't quite ALL of them, 
but I will say that I was shocked at how rude they were to us.
And not just the drunk younger ones...all ages!
It was really a 'sore' winner kind of attitude.
If we had won, I would have said good game...
NOT put down the SEC, or the other team etc...
In fact, I did tell the Arkansas fans in our suite good game!
They played better than we did that night.
We had nothing to hang our heads about!
Really left a bad taste for the Arkansas fans in my mind...

I'm so glad that we had the chance to go to the Cotton Bowl!
It was a really fun time & I hope we can do it next year!!
Love my KSU Wildcats!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!