It's GAME Day!!
And what better way than to start it out with 2000 of your closest friends.
KSU Friends & Family that is!!
He looks ready to me!
Our family met up with Randy's parents and
family from California in Texas for the big game.
We planned to meet up at the pre-game tailgate.
Let me tell you...Plenty of Purple in this crowd!!
Except me.
When I walked into the tailgate, sporting a Black t-shirt
with a bright green Willie the Wildcat on it,
the ticket taker said, "Well, I guess you don't ALL wear purple!"
Yup, that's me...just have to be different!
You know, like wearing a pink power cat t-shirt to the pep rally! :)
Not your typical tailgate foods...
I saw these guys outside warming up.
I was REALLY hoping that they would come in and play for us!
They didn't disappoint me!!
I've always loved the KSU Marching Band.
Ever since our son was a member...
I've liked them even more!
I really miss him being in the band...great memories!
When Preston saw them coming in...he said,
"It's about to get really LOUD in here."
He was right...and it was awesome!!!
Just in case you wanted to actually be apart of the festivities...
I uploaded a rough, uncut, unedited, very shaky video.
I've never used this camera to video and had no monpod or tripod.
Should have given it to Randy...he's better at videoing.
But, you should get the feel of the day!
Now, there's a couple of Happy K-Staters!!
So glad that I was already done eating when I saw this...
Trying to decide if they were:
a. washing dishes in the bathroom
b. someone was working on setting up and headed to the bathroom and left them there
c. someone was trying to walk out with some Texas Silver
There is the next destination...
Kinda purty ain't it?
Yes, I ran into my dear friend again.
And the story these balloons could tell!
:)
We walked over to the stadium.
What a gorgeous day...and gorgeous views!
Do you hear them? Okay...
can you see them coming in the distance?
Yup, the tradition continues!!
The band usually marches to the game
around the parking lots of the stadium.
This time, they are marching from the tailgate to the stadium...
Can't you just hear the drum cadence?
Awww, What are we gonna do?
BEAT the RAZORBACKS!!!!!
They put in soooo much hard work!!
AND have so much fun!!!
Thanks Marching Band!!
I hope you had a great time at the Cotton Bowl!!
You were one of the best parts of my experience!!!!!
Not kidding you, Ran into my friend AGAIN!!
We walked...she drove.
We beat her!
Well, most of the family did.
I got caught on the corner.
That's what I get for taking so many pictures...
left behind.
As I was waiting, there were a bunch of 'Hog' fans commenting on our band
and how 'cool', 'awesome' it was that they marched to the game.
They wondered if their band did that...
Preston saw their band arrive.
Nope, they do not do that.
We have great traditions!!!
As I was waiting, there were a bunch of 'Hog' fans commenting on our band
and how 'cool', 'awesome' it was that they marched to the game.
They wondered if their band did that...
Preston saw their band arrive.
Nope, they do not do that.
We have great traditions!!!
This place is HUGE!!
Literally the ONLY picture I have of the three of us!
We were sitting in a box with Randy's friend.
Had no idea where...
but we were to meet him on the Arkansas side of the stadium.
So, we parked by this fountain and waited.
And while we waited, we saw some really,
let's just say, InTeReStiNg Razorback Fans!!!
I always wear my short dress, high boots and take
my FUR into an indoor football game.
Don't you?
There were a few KSU fans on this side too.
Check out the purple boots!!
Randy wants a Segway.
I think he would do this job in a heartbeat!
Nice thing about this entrance for the boxes...
no waiting!!
I hope Randy's friend is here soon,
because the fans keep getting
StRANGeR
by the minute!!
Never did see this guy in the stadium or on the
Jumbo Jumbo Tron.
Okay, gotta run and see where our seats are!
Next up...
The Cotton Bowl!!!








Hey Terrie,
ReplyDeleteI posted a comment, but don't see it here now. Hmmmm, what am I doing wrong. Anyway, I loved this blog, I loved the trip to Dallas with you guys, and I love the picture of Preston and Jerry giving each other a "High 5"! Great photography!
-Karen_
Okay, that worked. Don't you love that I am anonymous but signed my name at the end, ha, ha, ha!!
ReplyDelete