Easter supplies for this year...Easter baskets, decorations, goodies....Busy day!!
This is the first year for PEEPS in our house! I have NEVER bought any...Can you believe that?
It is all so colorful! I love Easter! Here...Take in some C O L O R...

Since when did they start making Trix look like this??
I think that my boys have an ear for when I feel the M&M feeder up!! As soon as they hear that
sound...they find a reason to come into the kitchen! It's NEVER this full for long! :)
Too bad the inside wasn't as pretty as the outside this year...Sadly...no cookies filled it! :(
I had a lot of fun making some things that I had seen on the web. Someday...when I learn how to link things...I will! I still haven't eaten a peep....but I have now used them to decorate! I think I can store these to use in next year's decorations!!
I have a tradition! Every year I make Easter baskets for my nephews and a few neighbor kids. Little goodies that I've found...like the Playdough, straws & pencils, some eggs filled with Easter candy or colorful cereal! Then...I hide them somewhere outside their homes usually around midnight! So much fun...but this year...since we live in a different town and I was uber tired...I confess they didn't get delivered until Easter morning before church!
I also made some of my carmel popcorn, added nuts & M&M's....
...then drizzled it all with melted white chocolate...YUM!!
I think I saw this on Pioneer Woman's website...she referenced someone else.
Soooo good, unless you have to wait until Easter Sunday to eat it
because you gave up Chocolate for Lent...
Which leads me to a Question...
If you give up Chocolate for Lent...Does White Chocolate count?
It did for me! So, I waited.
A little egg decorating fun with the kids...even if they are 25+!
We used watercolors this year...lots of fun!
AND lots of concentration!!
We were tortured while we were coloring eggs...the ham was done & hubba was
cutting it, the ham balls were baking & so were the potatoes! Making us all sooo hungry!!
I snuck up on Preston as he was messing with my camera!
I Love this picture of Lauren & John working on their eggs...
John is so creative! We learned a few things that we need to
work on if we color eggs with watercolors again.
The tables were decorated, goodies made,
everything was cooked, guests were arriving,
homemade ice cream (Galle family favorite!) was freezing
And so were WE!! We are trying to take family photos
when we are together. It was April, but it was CoLd!!
Just so you know...the camera was up on the patio...
up a mountain hill, and we were doing timed shots!
This was the first try...see that they relocated my
position in the next shot.
They were afraid I'd jump on the eggs...
Notice, I lost my shoes (on purpose!) don't want to break anything
running down to beat the flash!
One way to make sure everyone is smiling...just try to get down the hill and to your spot
BEFORE the camera goes off! Let's just say I barely made it and we were ALL laughing!
Pretty Ladies!!
Preston got to go first this year...no one wants to go first anymore...
hungry teenagers will always volunteer to go first!
LOTS of GOOD FOOD....
Plenty of Good conversation...
The infamous Ears!
Love them! You can't see Jelly Bean yet, but
he/she is in there! Can't wait for next Easter! :)
Cousin Mark made and brought this beauty!
Rhubarb Pie!!!!
We had no trouble plowing through the goods!
It's pretty on the INSIDE too!!
Ham balls were a hit! We just missed Grandma Bertha!
Glad that we have our memories and her recipes!
Guess this is a meat & potatoes kind of group!
Aunt June suggested that we entertain ourselves at the table by having an egg spinning competition...
Then the ears came out....
Cousin Mark...not quite the 'hat' you expect to see on this Cowboy!
I tried to get a pic for his facebook profile...
More egg spinning...
and more desserting...
Apparently he LIKES the ears!!
Lots...
and Lots of good conversation! Women were in the craft
room after the Grand Opening!
Lots of laughter and I think I finally got his new facebook profile picture!!
I hope that you had a Lovely Easter Celebration with your family!


































Sweet! Thanks, Terrie!
ReplyDelete