Welcome to my little corner of the World...

Join me as I try to find my way as an empty-nester, wife, mom, friend, and most importantly as a Child of God.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend


What a hotwindy gorgeous, busy but relaxing weekend!














It started out with a surprise flower delivery from my wonderful Hubba.  He did NOT want his pic taken....(I don't know why?  Maybe he knew it would end up on fb or the blog??)...LOVE this guy!










 We are getting ready for a landscaping project in our backyard.  So, in preparation for that, we had 6 tractor loads of dirt hauled in...


And to be moved by our son & son-in-law...Thanks Guys!!  Randy has a bum foot and couldn't help this year.  He was so sad about that!  The guys made pretty quick work of it, even in the 100+ degree temps!  BTW...Can you believe that we have hit over 100 degrees ALREADY??!!  ...in MaY!!


Before moving the dirt, Randy wanted to bury the downspouts...




That took most of the morning...while they were doing that, Lauren & I went to buy more flowers for the yard.  I had already been once the day before...and I'll probably go a few more times...what can I say?  I LOVE flowers & the burst of color they bring to my yard!!  Here is a sampling of what we got this trip...







How can you NOT smile when you look at those?

After Lunch and a 30 minute game of 'little gray square'...the guys finished moving the dirt pile...















We checked that project off of our 'to do' list, cleaned up and headed to Wichita to celebrate Mother's Day early since Lauren & John were surprising his mom the next day in Manhattan.  It must have been a hard day working in the sun...


Bless His Heart!  We got quite a chuckle out of him sleeping horizontal!  He was falling over more each time we turned around to look at him...this is the kid who NEVER took naps, okay 15 - 20 minute naps as a child! :)

 We had a wonderful dinner at P.F. Chang's!!  Followed by a trip to Orange Leaf Yogurt!  Perfect Mother's Day Eve!!  Browsing and shopping at Barnes & Noble, then joining John & Lo as they registered at Babies-R-Us!  So much fun!!



 What in the world??

Jelly Beans Crib!

Grandpa-to-be & Uncle-to-be....checking out the stroller isle.  He figured out how to fold it up....no directions needed!  That was his best 'Vanna' pose...he barely stood there long enough for me to sneak in a picture!

No, we don't know if it's a boy or a girl....but this Grandma-to-be got a little choked up just seeing these words!!  And the boys outfits had skulls on them!!  What is up with that????  

Click, click....registering for all the cute stuff!

Sunday was really nerve-racking, special!  I had, got to deliver a special message to the women of the church about our gifts to them and about what our women's ministries has been up to before we showed the video I had made.  (I get sooooo nervous speaking in front of people...I'm more of a background kind of person!)

  These are a sample of what we made for all women, not just the mothers...











I pray that you all had a wonderful Mother's Day with your family!  
Hugs to you all!!

1 comment:

  1. Discovered your blog from Meg's. Looks like you had a wonderful Mother's Day. The landscaping looks great and Congratulations on becoming a grandmother!

    ReplyDelete

I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!