Welcome to my little corner of the World...

Join me as I try to find my way as an empty-nester, wife, mom, friend, and most importantly as a Child of God.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

I may NEVER Leave!!!


It's OFFICIAL!  The Craft Room is DONE and open for business!  SeRiOuSlY!!  There was an official Ribbon Cutting tonight...after our Easter dinner!  It was a Total SurPRIsE to me!  Randy's cousin Kim works for the Manhattan Chamber of Commerce...and brought in the BIG Sissors & Red Ribbon!  It totally caught me off guard...and if only they knew how special this room is to me, not because I like to craft, because I DO like to craft...but because of who made it for me and the thought and love that went into it.










Let's backtrack a bit...to the installation....





My step-mother always insisted that we sign our work, 
cross-stitch etc.
So now...I do the same!
 

I will cherish these signatures forever!  I LOVE these 3 men more than they will probably ever understand!




Who do you think has seniority here?
And is that my 20 year old running a shop vac?


They made this thing STRONG!!  I don't think I'll have trouble with using punches on it!





Preston said that he and that shelf were going to have to come to an agreement...I think the shelf won!


Here we are...just me and my Dad. 



Here is the completed desk unit...at this point they were still working on the island.  Doesn't it look inviting?!!  I think that by the time my Dad got home...I had most of this filled already.


Well, for sure by the next morning I did!





Scrapbooking area



Sewing Area...



Computer Central...





Just a few of the scrapbooking magazines that I have from 1997...


Who wouldn't be a Happy Peppy Person in this room?!






The Island is finally done!  This piece was a bit of a challenge to them & one I've been dreaming about since I started sewing!


I wanted the "X" side to display and store my yarns and fabrics.


And this side to store my knitting, cross-stitching and
gift wrapping supplies





The coolest feature of the island is that it has hinges so it can fold together and I can use my mat to cut fabric or to wrap gifts.


I think that I have forgotten to take pictures of it completely folded...I'll do that soon I promise!



I have a ribbon storage problem....


Or should I say...I HAD a ribbon storage problem!


LOVE this handy ribbon organizer!


So, I've shown you part of the room...it still isn't done.  My husband installed a shelf unit this weekend and he is making one more to go over my sewing area.  He's great like that!!


More pics to come soon, but I've had a couple of big days getting ready for Easter at our house tonight...


BUT, can you see why...


I MAY NEVER LEAVE THIS ROOM! :)
If you need to find me...you know where to look!
HaPpY CrAfTiNg!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!