Welcome to my little corner of the World...

Join me as I try to find my way as an empty-nester, wife, mom, friend, and most importantly as a Child of God.

Monday, May 30, 2011

We Remember...

Thank You....to all the men and women who have fought for our freedom!  A SPECIAL thank you to those in our families who have served...Uncle Ross, Uncle Bruce, Uncle Kevin, Cousin Kevin, Uncle Gilbert, our fathers Jerroll & Nelson, Cousin Bruce, Cousin Larry, Cousin Doug, Uncle Earl, Uncle Richard, Uncle Charles, ...who am I forgetting family?  Some served in Voluntary Service due to religious beliefs others were fighting on the front lines.  They all took time from family, jobs, home responsibilities and served our country.  We will remember those who have fought for our freedom to gather freely, to worship freely, to speak freely...Thank You!

I still remember seeing my Uncle Ross, Uncle Bruce and Uncle Kevin in their uniforms.  Have you ever been there when a Navy ship comes into port after it has been out to sea for months?  I have once...when I lived in San Diego.  My step-dad's brother, Kevin, was in the Navy and we went to watch him come home.  There is nothing like it!  All of the men in their uniforms, lining the decks of the ship...at attention!  Searching for our loved ones in the mass of white...the cheers and shouts when families would see their husband, son, brother, dad for the 1st time.  The flags, signs decked out in Red, White & Blue welcoming home a Son, a Husband.  The hugs and the tears when they came off the ship and found their families and friends waiting for them.
The honor and pride I felt to be an American...I'll never forget it!

Today, we also remember loved ones who have passed on before us...our grandparents - Marvin, Verta, Harvey, Margaret, Mimi, Dale, Bertha, Lester & Mamie ...my mother, Gail...my step-mother, Thelma...my cousin, Kevin, Randy's Uncle Ralph, Uncle Earl, Aunt Sarah Ann,  my Uncle Gordon.  We have NOT forgotten you, we will always remember!

Whatever you are doing today....I hope you stop for a moment and Remember...
HaPpY MeMoRiaL DaY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!