Welcome to my little corner of the World...

Join me as I try to find my way as an empty-nester, wife, mom, friend, and most importantly as a Child of God.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sneak Peek...

A few weeks before my friend's b-day...
 I got the bright idea to make her a quilt.
 One should really give herself more than 2 weeks to make a quilt.
  Especially when you aren't home most days...
and it takes you a week to design it.
I used several ideas that I'd seen from Pinterest,
which led to getting a pattern off the internet and then 
changing it to suit my idea.
I'm in the quilting phase...
here is a sneak peek to the process that led up to the quilting.
 
  This is the back...
taped to the bathroom floor.
A little trick I learned from a quilting blog.
 Here is the top...
 let the pinning begin...
 and continue!!
I'll let you in on the finished project as soon as it's done!

2 comments:

  1. I love these colors!! Everytime I see one of your quilts, I am inspired to try making one of my own. But, then I just can't get brave enough, so the thought goes away! One of these days I really hope to follow through and get a quilt made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, you really should just dig in and do it! It is so much fun!! Start with something small - baby quilt and work your way up. Rag quilts are easy to do and there is no binding or quilting after it is done. There are lots of great patterns and tutorials out there! I just dig in...that is how I've learned most things. My problem is, I usually don't start with something easy! LOL!! I'm quilting this one myself...man oh man...it is not perfect! But...hopefully she will like it just the same!

      Delete

I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!