Soooooo....
If you remember...
way back to May...
when the weather was GorGeOUS!!...
we moved into our new digs.
Well...not new...but new to us.
The home is about 10 years old...
so not a whole lot of changing to do.
But...we had a lot of maintenance to do.
Both in and outside the house.
We painted 3 rooms and all the baseboards and several doors upstairs before we moved in.
And cleaned for days...and days.
I almost forgot to take pictures I was so busy.
And tired...
(And to be honest...I just didn't take as many photographs in 2014.
I hope to change that in 2015.)
We LOVE all the windows in this house!
(Except...I will tell you without carpet and all the windows...
it's a little cool in the winter!)
Our poor painter...was only supposed to be here 2 1/2 days.
I think he was actually here for 2 1/2 weeks.
Lots of things had never been painted...
like the front door...inside and out.
It really bugged him...and I was glad because he was happy to do the extra painting for us.
(Guess maybe he's not so poor now...we may be though! LOL!!)
Nice big kitchen...
Not set up as well as we would like...
but we made it work.
Just took a lot of thought and rearranging.
And there is a lot more moving around when I'm cooking...
which equals more steps in my days!
Win!!
The color that our painter started painting is the same as what we had in our prior home...
It did NOT translate the same here.
So...mid-painting...I said please stop.
And quickly picked a new color.
Still not my favorite, but better than this!
Totally looks mustard in this room...
(if you are a mustard color fan, I apologize in advance)...
but ewwww....
Lots of work every where...
we had to rake the leaves off the deck before we could power wash it.
Took several washes and lots of sun...
still needs some work in spots.
But, oh...do we love this space!
Especially the screened in porch!
I lived in there most of the early summer before it got too hot.
The blue closet, blue carpet, blue door knobs, bathroom lights,
fan blades and fan globes have all been replaced.
It's now my lovely guest room...
The largest pantry I've ever had...
also got a fresh coat of paint.
In preparation for the built-in shelves that we were having put in.
(I think it was hard for Randy to let some of that go...
he could have done so much of that work...but with his travel schedule...
who knew when he'd be able to do it all.)
Besides...he over-used his arm the way it was...
ended up with painful tennis elbow.
Still paying the price today.
Ice & Ibuprofen are his friends. :)
After 10 days of cleaning and painting...
THE day finally came.
I was ready...
Ready to be in the same house and town as my husband!
Ready to be done packing.
Ready to put our home back together again.
This is a sampling of what our garage looked like for months!
It took me forever to unpack this house.
Mainly because the basement was completely unfinished
and we were going to have it done right away...
soooo...1/2 of our garage was boxes and stuff that was to go in the basement.
And some was Preston's stuff...because he moved out of his place right when we did
so he could go be on the harvest crew for the summer/fall.
It was organized chaos...face it...
it was nuts!
Soooo many boxes!
Along with numerous other items....
the previous owners were so kind to leave us their...
pool table....
NOT!
Probably should have gone back to them on that one and a few other issues that we had...
but it wasn't worth it and we were ready to get going on the basement.
One of the kids that worked with the moving company was interested it.
So he brought 3 of his buddies with him...
(and they were all a bit shall we say, tipsy...)
Made for interesting evening entertainment...
watching them take it apart and move it.
Finally!
An empty basement...
except for all the dust, bugs and cat hair...
that sent Randy & I into allergic sniffles until we got rid of it all!
Huge space!
Couldn't wait to get started on it.
The visions that were dancing in our heads...
...back to the boys and the pool table.
They took the legs off...
could have used about 4 more guys....
carried the top about 4 feet, set it down on the ground,
then heave ho...lifted it up to go 4 more feet.
They got to the muddy little creek...
yeah, they about lost the little guy in the white shirt on the back corner.
They were all encouraging him on...
so were we! We didn't want any injuries!
I was praying the whole time...
'Lord...just let them get it to the truck!'
They got it to the truck...
heaved it on the back...
didn't strap it in...and drove off into the sunset.
Whew....glad it was gone.
We are finally done with most of the big projects...
I promise..I'll do a blog of the completed basement...and the rest of the house soon.
Now...we need to complete our insurance claims...
and there were a LOT of them...
grrrrr.....
And we've made other changes outside....
with more planned in the future.
Gotta stay busy!
Until spring...think we'll stay inside.
Hubba's got one project done already in the new year.
I've completed several UFO's from the craft room...
and started and completed several others.
Fabric purchased for a couple of others...
goes towards my word for the New Year...
C R E A T E
MORE ON THAT SOON...
LOVE & HUGS!























No comments:
Post a Comment
I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!