It's an AnNiVeRsArY DaY!!
A Day to CeLeBrAtE LiFe...
One might not think to celebrate this day...January 19th.
But...there is soooo much to Celebrate!
A year ago yesterday...January 18, 2014...Randy & I went to Wichita with some friends of ours to go to dinner. We had a huge gift card to use and knew that we couldn't do it ourselves...so were glad that they could join us. And...we knew that we'd be moving soon and may not see them as often as we liked. What a great evening of fun, food & mostly Fellowship!
January 19th, 2014...
Randy & I traveled to church...got to sit by said couple and enjoy Praise & Worship together.
Always better with friends and family. It was a great morning...a beginning to a beautiful day!
Randy & I headed to Salina to see the kids...go to lunch and spend time with Hayden.
On the way home, near McPherson...I was checking my e-mail.
There was a prayer request from church...our dear friend that we had spent the evening with before had been in a terrible motorcycle accident. I called his wife right away...knowing that we were close enough to turn back around and go to her side. When she answered, I asked if there was someone there that could talk to me...I knew she would be too overwhelmed to talk to one more person and was probably needed by her husband. We learned that he was being life-watched to Wichita...so we headed home to let the dog out, feed her and then headed to the hospital. We could hear the helicopter leave...it was stationed near our home.
He was in some pretty bad shape...
very banged up and it was touch and go
as to wether he'd be able to keep his leg or not.
He was in some pretty bad shape...
very banged up and it was touch and go
as to wether he'd be able to keep his leg or not.
Nine of us sat in the waiting room until the wee hours of the morning...praying, worrying, wondering how he was doing, begging/pleading with God to keep him safe and to let him keep his leg, making small talk, getting a little slap-happy and trying to stay away
from the fears that tried to overtake our thoughts.
Our prayers were answered...He pulled through and still had his leg.
from the fears that tried to overtake our thoughts.
Our prayers were answered...He pulled through and still had his leg.
It has been a very long, hard road for this family...one surgery after another...setbacks, infections, a death in the family, wedding missed, goals not met... I've wondered many times in the last year...Why? Why so much pain God? Why did it have to happen? I have no answers... But, I have reflected a lot about the year...even with so many surgeries, set-backs, expectations not met...the unknown...
there is so much to 'B Positive' about!
His life was spared!
There were nurses and doctors on the scene right away when they were needed.
There were nurses and doctors on the scene right away when they were needed.
The right doctors and surgeons have been placed in his path to prepare a plan to put his leg back together...Medicine and science are amazing! This man is one of the strongest 'Manly' men I know...he is always ready to tackle a challenge or beat a goal! But, this injury...man it has put him through the wringer! He is weary...tired of hurting. Ready to get on with healing...and I Believe that He is! God is working miracles! Each surgery gets harder...knowing the pain that he will have to endure after it is over....yet each surgery brings him closer to the last one! And Healing! Lord, we pray that this is the year for healing! That He will be able to walk again! Thankful that he is able to work from home...thankful that I saw some big sparks yesterday of the man he was last year before all this happened. I loved hearing his laughter yesterday as we celebrated his life! In the past year this family has gained another grandchild, added another daughter-in-law, will add another one in the next few months
and who knows what other great things God has in store for them!
and who knows what other great things God has in store for them!
Thank You God for each and every moment/gift you have Blessed them with!
We never know what tomorrow, let alone today, may bring. Unfortunately, we can't bank strength - emotional or physical - for later when we may need it more than we do today. Yet, each day...God gives us what we need....a surgeon, medication, loving wife, awesome family, supporting friends, a word, a verse, a prayer said on our behalf, a sunrise, a song...a last surgery! It has been hard to be far away from them this year.
We try to stay connected...keep in touch...
We try to stay connected...keep in touch...
but I haven't been able to do all that I've wanted.
It's so hard to watch friends/loved ones in pain...suffering.
We want to take it away for them...but know we can't.
This year has taught me so much...
Life is fragile...
I encourage you to listen to your heart...
if you are nudged...to call a friend, write a note, say hello to a stranger...Do IT!
You may be that answer to an unasked for prayer, or a prayer request...encouragement.
We are called to ...Run the Race. We don't do it alone...we do it with family, friends, community, strangers even! We all have something to contribute!
And I'm so glad that we are celebrating today!
And I'm so glad that we are celebrating today!
That our friend is still here to share his joys, sorrows, fears, and goals with us!
It's what life is all about...sharing it with each other. The good and the bad...
I don't know what 'The Rest of this Story' will be. I don't know why this happened...or why anyone has to suffer. But I know that this family has taught me a lot about strength, endurance, authenticity, persevering, faith, love and over-coming! This is the year that He will walk...the year that the surgery ends...until then we will B+! I have faith that He will OverCome!
So, today...
We Celebrate...not the pain and agony...but the joy of Life and what the future has to bring!
Survival!
Someday soon...you will be back at the games...
(and/or the golf course!)...
Until then...we are here to cheer you on!
No matter how treacherous the road seems....
...Or how long and dark the road may appear...
(seriously...we were nuts!)
Someday soon...we'll be cheering right beside you when that last surgery happens,
when the apparatus comes off,
your first step on your own strength,
your first golf swing,
we'll stand side-by-side cheering on our Cats
and once again we will Worship together!
Until that day comes...
B-Positive my friend!
I Believe that this is the year of 'Heal-Linn'!!
We are ready to celebrate each milestone with you!
Love & Hugs to you Both!!
PS - Don't forget...you are an OverComer!!





No comments:
Post a Comment
I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!