I'm sure I was the last person to see the movie Frozen...well, my hubby & I.
We finally watched it sometime this fall. Pretty cute movie...
I don't know how many times I've caught myself singing...'Let it Go, Let it Go!...'
or how about...'Do You Wanna Build A Snowman?'.
Ask my son...I've been belting it out a lot lately. He just rolls his eyes and shakes his head.
Well, there was a pretty good reason I was singing it so much the past few weeks...
I had a great idea, at least I thought it was great -
my son & hubba thought I was a little nuts!
Anyway...back to my great idea...
My son-in-law is a CPA...which means that he will start putting in long hours in January
and be busy until April or May. Winter days stuck in the house because
it's too cold to go out and run off energy...can get mighty long for a Momma and a 3 year old.
And Daddy will be gone lots of weekend hours too...soooo...
Gramma thought that it would be fun to pack a tub full of a month of 'Snowman' activities!
And with Frozen being so popular right now...what else would I call it?!
So that is how the 'Do You Wanna Build A Snowman' craft kit came to be.
I spent a night on the internet looking up snowman crafts for kids...mostly on Pinterest.
I found a great sight that had over 100 snowman activities on it...
problem is, I forgot to pin that site!
I had written down the gist of the ideas for about 20+ activities that I thought
Hayden could do...so I had a heck of a time going back to find the orignal ideas.
I didn't get all the ideas that I had written down,
but I found more than enough ideas for 31 days of activities.
I was pretty frustrated with myself for days for not pinning
the 100+ idea site....so much wasted time!
At Christmas time...there is NO time to waste! LOL!!
It probably took about a week to plan and gather all the supplies.
4 days printing out the ideas and gathering supplies for each day.
All of these supplies are supposed to fit in that one tub??
Well, we'll see if I can do it...
I put some staples in the box...
markers, tape, glue, brushes, paint, glitter, bowls to use for glue & paint...
I also put some empty ziploc bags for extra papers, buttons or googly eyes.
So they could use them for another craft day, another craft or
for a friend that may be there some day for a play date...
And I know how my daughter likes to stay organized... :)
These were the 31 days of activities that I came up with.
My grandson is 3...so hopefully most are age appropriate.
I pinned all of the original sites to my Pinterest board 'Do You Wanna Build A Snowman?'...
hoping my daughter didn't get on Pinterest too much!
Some ideas are my own original ideas based on some craft supplies I had on hand.
I numbered each kit (only so I could keep track of what went where)
and I made a checklist so they could mark off what they had done
and would know what they had to choose from when they wanted to do a craft.
I put each kit in a ziploc baggie with the craft directions printed off the internet
and supplies to complete that craft.
These are just a few of the ideas I found...
I think this looks like so much fun!
I may just have to do it on my door at home!
:)
I know there will be days when crafting may not appeal to Mommy or Hayden...
and I found this cute book when we were shopping for Christmas gifts.
I knew it would be a perfect addition to my snowman activities.
I try to put a note in each book I give the kids or grands...
always fun to go back and read when they got the book.
Hayden likes me to read what I wrote...over and over...
'What does that say again Gramma?'
I'm hoping that we will get enough snow that he can go out and build a snowman.
I made that one of the activities...no supplies.
I did suggest some things that he can use for arms...
I want him to be creative too...not always go by the directions.
He may have better ideas...
I thought these ideas for Snowman Soup and this Snowman cup went perfectly together!
And so cute!
I also want to do this one!
It was my favorite!!
I heart powdered donuts!!!
Lauren sent me this pic this afternoon...
This is the first activity Hayden picked.
(Probably a good thing since the donuts could get stale if they went by #18)
I told her it was the first one I would have done too!!
He did a great job!
It may take them through March to do all of the crafts...
Or they may not do all of them.
I just thought that it would be fun for Mommy & Hayden to do...
(Hopefully Daddy can join in on some too...because he is super artistic too!)
and if all the supplies were right there on hand...
it would take some of the stress out of it for Mommy.
AND....Gramma has a LOT of extra craft supplies laying around!
I like to share!!
Some items like Marshmallows are used for several activities...
so I put them in with the general craft supplies.
I totally filled the tub just with the kits...
...as you can see.
So they got a tub and a bag of supplies!
I tried...but I'm not Super Gramma!
Have fun Hayden!!
And don't forget to send Gramma & Grandpa Pictures of your crafts!
I can't wait to see all your snowmen!!
Love You!!
Let me know if you make a kit like this for your grandone, or niece, nephew or friend...
and if it's different from the snowman theme.
You can never start them crafting too young, can you?!
PS - Disclaimer: Not all craft activities were snowman related...
and for the paint chip crafts...
I did not raid my home or paint stores...
I used the paint chips from when I was choosing colors for our homes.
I keep them in a folder..glad I did, they finally came in handy.
So, Please don't raid the paint samples...























Thanks for sharing your great ideas. Your Hayden is lucky to have you as Gramma. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Blessings!
ReplyDelete