A few weeks back, the grand-one came to stay with us
while his mommy had her wisdom teeth out.
I guarantee you that we had way more fun than she did!
We had brought Preston's old pedal tractor from the farm.
He likes to out to Grandpa's shed.
And he spotted it right away.
And he spotted it right away.
He's not quite strong enough
and his little legs are just not long enough to pedal.
But he figured out what to do real quick!
and his little legs are just not long enough to pedal.
But he figured out what to do real quick!
He had so much fun...
I love the concentration.
And let me tell you this guy is strong and has great determination.
He doesn't give up...even when things are hard and heavy.
Those will be great character qualities.
He doesn't give up...even when things are hard and heavy.
Those will be great character qualities.
Can you see the grip he has on that seat?!
He did stop and sit on it every once in awhile.
It was getting dark and time to put the 'Trac-Tor' to bed.
At first he was willing...
At first he was willing...
when he realized that it was time to put it away...well...
What you can't tell in this picture is that Grandpa is trying to steer it down the hill
and the Grand-one is trying to pull it back up...
With. All. His. MiGhT!
What you can't tell in this picture is that Grandpa is trying to steer it down the hill
and the Grand-one is trying to pull it back up...
With. All. His. MiGhT!
They came to a compromise.
And there was only one little whine.
I told him it was time for the tractor to go to bed,
but we'd come out and play in the morning.
I told him it was time for the tractor to go to bed,
but we'd come out and play in the morning.
And he complied very sweetly.
Although, he wasn't real sure that tractor would be okay without him.
:)
Although, he wasn't real sure that tractor would be okay without him.
:)
We did go back out in the morning and play to his heart's content.
Then we headed home to see how Mommy was doing.
Daddy had taken great care of her...
and the Grand-one was very excited to see them both.
I LOVE being a Grandma...
It's such a joy for me to see him playing with toys
that his momma and uncle played with.
All those toys that we have moved...
have taken up space on a shelf in our basement/garage.
But, it takes me back.
To the days when my kids were little...
playing on the farm.
Running outside, building, using their imaginations.
And it puts a smile on my face, tugs at my heart and brings a little tear to my eye.
I have nothing from my childhood.
Just a handful of pictures.
No toys...and it's hard to remember for me without seeing pictures.
A picture of a toy from my era takes me back to where
we were living, who I was playing with and
usually puts a smile on my face.
It's why I took so many pictures of my children when they were little.
And why I take so many pictures now.
I want to remember...
I want to remember the good times with my parents...my siblings.
The neighborhood kids....family.
Maybe someday....
for now....my memory has to be good enough.
But, without pictures...it's easy to forget and only remember the bad times.
If you have photos from when you were young, dig them out.
Remember those people you were with.
Family that are gone.
Get lost in the memories!!
I'm going out to make some today!
Praying that you will capture something to remember this weekend too!
Then we headed home to see how Mommy was doing.
Daddy had taken great care of her...
and the Grand-one was very excited to see them both.
I LOVE being a Grandma...
It's such a joy for me to see him playing with toys
that his momma and uncle played with.
All those toys that we have moved...
have taken up space on a shelf in our basement/garage.
But, it takes me back.
To the days when my kids were little...
playing on the farm.
Running outside, building, using their imaginations.
And it puts a smile on my face, tugs at my heart and brings a little tear to my eye.
I have nothing from my childhood.
Just a handful of pictures.
No toys...and it's hard to remember for me without seeing pictures.
A picture of a toy from my era takes me back to where
we were living, who I was playing with and
usually puts a smile on my face.
It's why I took so many pictures of my children when they were little.
And why I take so many pictures now.
I want to remember...
I want to remember the good times with my parents...my siblings.
The neighborhood kids....family.
Maybe someday....
for now....my memory has to be good enough.
But, without pictures...it's easy to forget and only remember the bad times.
If you have photos from when you were young, dig them out.
Remember those people you were with.
Family that are gone.
Get lost in the memories!!
I'm going out to make some today!
Praying that you will capture something to remember this weekend too!

















No comments:
Post a Comment
I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!