Welcome to my little corner of the World...

Join me as I try to find my way as an empty-nester, wife, mom, friend, and most importantly as a Child of God.

Friday, June 14, 2013

Touch a Truck...

I went to Salina yesterday...a much needed break from all of the work
I've been doing to get ready for next Thursday.

They had a "Touch A Truck" event scheduled for the kids.
What's a 'Touch a Truck' event you ask?
I'd never heard of it...
It's where they bring in fire, police & city vehicles for the kids to touch and sit in.

Hope this is the first and last time we see these two in a police car!
Doesn't Hayden look like...now we're in trouble!
 They also got to see and talk (as much as a 19 month old talks...)
to the officers/firemen...
and some even had stickers to hand out.
He did sign 'Thank You'...so sweet.
Trying to decide which vehicle to see next... 
Now, what do you think happens when you get a bunch of kids
climbing into emergency vehicles??
Any guesses???
I do believe that the thing most touched...all the Horns!
The boys did quite well with all the surprise noises going off all the time. 
 Time to check out the fire truck!
The hand-off didn't go so well...
 In the end, he decided it was ok.
 He even tried to share his sticker from the 'Police'...
surprisingly...the nice fireman declined.
Seems to be some competition between the two...hmmmm.  :)
But, he did think that Hayden had on the right kind of shirt!
Just a little unsure about this big truck & all the noises...
don't blame you buddy!! 




 Never could get them to both look at me...
but we got the moms looking!
Ready for that moments notice... 
which they had later while we were playing at the park.
The fire truck had to leave early because they got a call.
Wish I had been over there to see them jump into their boots!




 The boys checked out all the vehicles...

She was so nice talking to all the kiddos.
Can you see Hayden waiting his turn in the mirror? 

 All I have to say is...
I hope that all the officers check their radios, wipers, heating & air.
I have a feeling that all their settings were tampered with!
We headed over to the park to play a little more after the boys got done
visiting all the vehicles. 




Not too sure and the slide was a tad bit hot... 
but he went down several times!
Even went down the bigger one on the right...once! 


 Getting ready to head down again...
 wait a minute...*squirrel...what's down there?
 These two were so cute playing together!
I hope they are best buds for a long time!!
 Heading down the big slide to Grandma!

The boys had seen all kinds of vehicles that day.
Some at the first park they were playing at...
then the 'touch a truck'...
watching the fire truck leave lights and sirens blazing...
and finally...watching a chipper/shredder in action across the street from the park.
That is a full day! 
How do you end the day?
With water...and lots of it! 


Thank you to all the men & women who work so hard to keep us all safe!!
We appreciate all of your sacrifices and risking yourselves for our protection!
From the 911 operators to the doctors/nurses in the ER...we salute you!!
What a wonderful event to show these boys and girls 
that those sirens and uniforms aren't so scary!

Happy Flag Day Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely pictures and what fun! Had to laugh at the one where the hand-off was a bit iffy and laughed again at the recovery picture! Thanks for sharing the fun.

    ReplyDelete

I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!