Welcome to my little corner of the World...

Join me as I try to find my way as an empty-nester, wife, mom, friend, and most importantly as a Child of God.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Frozen in time...

I had to check my calendar today...
Yup, it's April 10.
But it looks a little more like February!
This was my view this morning.
Just a sliver of a very cold morning.
Everything was covered in a large sheet of ice.
Most windows were covered...
 Even the doors were frozen over!
Nothing was spared... 

I spent the day on Saturday getting rid of last year's growth on my plants.
I think I should have left it on for protection.
Wonder if any of my plants & trees will bloom soon?
 Yesterday morning it started out in the high 60's.
At noon it dropped about 20 degrees...

 Thunderstorms and hail started at 9.
 It rained & sleeted all night long.

No wonder we had such a thick layer of ice. 
 Not gonna lie...
I do see the beauty in all these things covered in ice.
 Of course,
everyone was happy that I didn't venture out too much.
After breaking a leg 10 years ago due to a slip on the ice...
I walked very gingerly outside today. 
 But I just couldn't stay inside!
Have you ever felt like you were almost at your breaking point?
I really hope that this River Birch tree doesn't find it's breaking point! 
Lots of trees were snapping, crackling & popping
this morning & afternoon while I was outside shooting pics. 
 Nothing much will make me jump faster than a tree snapping behind me.
That is unless it's a whole row of trees!
 Yes, that happened this morning!
I'm sure I jumped and hope no one else was outside.
 Pretty sure no one else was crazy enough to be outside...
shooting the frozen water by their gutter drains.

 These are the daylilies named after our grandson...
I really hope that they bloom nicely this year.
 This maple bud seems to be preserved in time...
 And to think my hubby mowed this already once or twice this year!
And we had a picnic out here on Saturday...
Any takers today?? 

  





 I was crunching around in our yard taking pics
and I noticed that the grass & ice were sticking to my pant leg.
My pants got a little heavy and more than a lot wet!!

I was going to take pictures of the neighbor's flowering trees down the road.
I didn't get it done...
My trees were just starting to turn green... 







This is one of my favorite photos of the day so far...
can't decide if I'll call it 'Frozen in Time' or 
'Preserved for later...'

  
I thought it looked like these two vines were looking to get away from the ice!
I think they are going South...  
Guess I'll stay in the house and get some work done...
 I'm waiting for spring to come back...
anyone seen that Groundhog???!


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures Terrie! Yet how strange to see them when we've have 80 degree weather for the past 2 days. I won't complain after seeing your evidence of ice and seeing pictures of snow out west. Last night brought thunder, lightening and rain and today is supposed to top off in the low 60s. Move east! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Cindy! Yes, our weather has been really crazy. Today was 87 degrees...and on Wednesday, May 1st..another chance of snow!! I just may take you up on your offer to move east!! I think we'd make great neighbors!!

      Delete

I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!