The hubs & I took a road trip in January to the Fiesta Bowl.
We had been to the Cotton Bowl the year before with family & friends...
had KSU gone anywhere else for a bowl game...
we probably wouldn't have gone.
But, this was in Arizona...
and our great friends (that we miss a TON!!!) live there.
We had gone to college together and they hadn't been to a KSU game since 1985!
Of course we had to go!!
And I was super excited to photograph some new terrain!
Celeste & I headed out for a hike...
aka - photo shoot...
I'm sure Celeste had in mind that we would hike a lot farther...
I on the other hand just couldn't stop taking pictures!
I mean, really....such different sights than I'm used to out on a photo walk!
Not sure what builds it's nest in a cactus...
but I'm sure it gets poked once or twice in the process!
Probably not too many predators going after it though!
It was so good to walk, shoot & talk!!
Celeste is one of those kind of friends that you can not see very often...
but when you talk or get together...
you pick up right where you left off!
That is the BEST kind of friend to have!
Wonder how long these cacti have been hanging out in the dessert?
I would really like to be here when things are in bloom...
although I'm totally taken with the different vegetation,
it's kind of like Kansas in the winter...
a little dead looking.
Time to hit the 'trail' for a little bit...
This was a very interesting tree.
Not sure what kind it is,
but it had lots of new growth at a very interesting angle.
Believe me...
I was looking on all sides of me!
I was surrounded by plants and trees with thorns & spikes!
Wonder what be around the bend?
(If this were Blues Clues,
there would be a big blue paw print right here!)
A clue, a clue!!
Anyone else look at cacti like clouds and imagine things with them?
Anybody see a dancing cactus dipping his partner?
Think this guy has a little bit of overkill on the whole spike ratio to size of cactus??
Don't you just want to reach right out and touch one??
NOT!!
I think I was told that these jump out at you if you get too close!
I sure wasn't going to find out...
Such beauty in the desert!
I wanted to shoot all day!
I really liked these guys...
Anyone ever see the inside of a cactus?
Not what I was expecting it to look like...at all!!
Not sure what happened to scar this cactus,
but I bet whatever got ahold of it had some spikes to pull out!
In the end, the cactus always wins...I'm sure of it!
Wouldn't you like to hear the stories this cactus has to tell?!
We are most definitely not in Kansas anymore!
(PS...Kansas was full of ice & snow...tee hee!!)
I think we may have found John Wayne...
or the Marlboro Man!!
They were a nice little surprise in the desert.
Did not expect to see horses while we were out there.
Looks like these two are talking to each other...
or am I just imagining things?
Uh, did anyone hear that vulture screeching overhead??
He went that-a-way....
Cactus giving directions.
I wasn't kidding...spikes every where I turned!
But, thank goodness...
we did not run into any snakes!
That most likely happens when it warms up in April.
Think I'll stick to the non-hot months thank. you. very. much.
Until next time Arizona...
I just hope it won't be forever until I see my Forever Friend again!
Much LoVe & Hugs to you & your family Celeste!
It was so wonderful to meet all of your children
and really get to see their personalities!
Your Grandchildren are Precious!!
Thank You ALL for your gracious hospitality!!
You are welcome to come & stay with us anytime!
Our vegetation is a lot less prickly!
:)
PS - For anyone who likes to leave a comment...I enabled the whole coded word thing...
because sillypeople, robots were leaving spam comments.
Anybody know if there is a way to Block them???
A few crazies have to ruin it for everyone...
PS - For anyone who likes to leave a comment...I enabled the whole coded word thing...
because silly
Anybody know if there is a way to Block them???
A few crazies have to ruin it for everyone...


























































No comments:
Post a Comment
I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!