Welcome to my little corner of the World...

Join me as I try to find my way as an empty-nester, wife, mom, friend, and most importantly as a Child of God.

Monday, April 29, 2013

Just a hint of Spring...

 Did you think I had left you?
I've been frozen ...just like our trees.
Actually, I've been working, shooting pics & editing a ton!
Can you believe that it's supposed to snow here again on Wednesday?!
May 1st!!  Crazy!!  Really, really Crazy!!

Well, it was 87 here today!
How's that for several seasons all in a week?
Last Friday a couple of friends & I went on a photo trip.
We traveled to Belle Plaine, Kansas in a downpour
to go shoot tulips at Bartlett Arboretum.
The rain stopped as we pulled into town...and boy oh boy...
did we get more than we bargained for!!
It's definitely my new favorite place to shoot!
Beautiful doesn't begin to describe it...
Isn't this door inviting?!
Well, let's hope that this door will usher you from the 
cold dead of winter into spring...Belle Plaine, Kansas style!
Enjoy...








Seriously...
Tulips everywhere you turn!! 
I was like a kid in a candy store...
I didn't know where to turn first!!
And there was other beauty hidden within all the foliage...  

 Now, this is my kind of empty-nest!!
Who else could spend the day here?
Swinging under the gazebo, listening to the birds... 
 Walking the lovely trails...

...gazing at the explosion of color everywhere!! 

 Wish time really stood still here...


Okay...enough spring.
Winter is reaching around the corner again!
I'll share more tomorrow...



1 comment:

  1. Oh how beautiful! And I loved when you said, "gazing at the explosion of color everywhere!!" You made my eyes so happy! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!