Welcome to my little corner of the World...

Join me as I try to find my way as an empty-nester, wife, mom, friend, and most importantly as a Child of God.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Winter's Knocking...but it Can't Come In!!

Remember what I said yesterday?
That winter was going to be knocking on our door again...
Well, it's supposed to return tomorrow & Thursday!
Snow..it's MAY 1st!
SNOW needs to learn to R.E.A.D.!!

Well, we are going to ignore winter and get right back to spring!
If you have not been to Bartlett Arboretum yet,
I'm going to drill it into your head today that you should go.. 
Look at what will greet you at the street gate...
if this place doesn't inspire you to go home and somehow create...
then there is something wrong with you, 
because this place has no lack of inspiration!
This is what will greet you by the street entrance...
(just curious...how many of you are humming 
'Tip Toe thru the Tulips'?)
Yikes! That doesn't date me or anything does it?!!
(subliminal message to follow)
...those gorgeous tulips lead you right to the gate...
where you will be greeted with all sorts of 'eye candy'...right Robin?
We were blessed to be greeted by Robin herself...
I think that she is someone like Snow White...
because surely she has to have at least 70 dwarfs, elves, people
to keep this place up!
If you know me well, you knew I'd have to get my fisheye lens out to 'create' in these gardens!!



 It's not all about the Tulips...
  What an inviting place...
 the kind of place where you want to sneak up to the gate...
  and peek through to see who lives there and what they are doing.
 
  Can you just smell the Lilacs?!
  Don't you just want to sit here and watch the world go by.
Think about life.
Dream about what your next adventure might be.
Take pictures of the flowers...
like maybe over 1,000?!
Hi, My name is Terrie and I'm a photo-holic...
Come and join me...it's a great place to be!
 I warned you in the beginning of this post that I was going
to drill it into your head...
remember?!
  You.Must.Go.
It just may change your perspective on the World...
or maybe just Kansas...
 And it might...just might...
make you want to go home and create a little 
(or a lot) of garden magic of your own!!


Just in case I've inspired you to go,
here's the info:

Bartlett Arboretum
Belle Plaine, Kansas
info@BartlettArboretum.com
www.bartlettarboretum.com

And lunch at Luciano's (Mulvane) was fabulous!!
:)

1 comment:

  1. And I am so thankful that you're a photo-holic! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!