Welcome to my little corner of the World...

Join me as I try to find my way as an empty-nester, wife, mom, friend, and most importantly as a Child of God.

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Roastin'

We have been RoAsTinG this summer!!  And I'm not talking turkey!
Second summer in a row that it's been toooooo hot to go out and enjoy it.
I don't like that...

It's been too hot to even grill very often.
It was a little cooler the other night and we took advantage of it.
We grilled chicken and corn on the cob...
1st time ever doing that.
We soaked it in water first...
took off the silk...
put a little olive oil and spices on it...
wrapped it back up in the husk and put it on the grill!
Turned it so it charred a bit on each side...then let it steam.
What do you do while it's steaming???
Walk around the yard and take pictures of the flowers that it has been too hot to enjoy.
It's really sad that it's been so hot...
I love spending time taking pics of my flowers.
This year...they were lucky to get watered.
They probably steamed every time we watered them.
It was hot even in the evenings when we watered.

Doesn't look too bad...


Not bad for our first try.
I'd like to have it a little more charred on the inside.
We'll try again next year.
If you live in the area...
did you have any Gaeddert Corn this year?
It was really good!  
We didn't have a bad batch!
The corn we got last year wasn't nearly as good!
So, it was extra special this year!!
Their watermelon & cantaloupe were exceptional too!

Do you have any tips for us when we grill corn next year?
I'm looking forward to having some at the Fair in a few weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!