***Round 2: Note to self...don't work on your blog on 2 computers.
I accidently deleted the post for today. Let's see if I can re-create it. sorry... ***
It's that time of year again.
Time to stop and remember 11 years ago when our nation was attacked.
I did this post last year on the 10 year anniversary of how 9/11
affected our family.
Several years ago I had found out about a Memorial golf tournament
that was held each year in honor of Michael J. Otten.
We found out last year that it was going to be the last one held.
I was disappointed because we had hoped that we could take Preston
to New York so he and Randy could participate one year.
So, last year we sent a donation to the tournament.
I included a note with the donation and I had liked and sent
a message on the facebook page.
One of Michael Otten's friends replied and asked if he could call me.
He wanted to find out our connection to Mr. Otten.
I had a lovely conversation with him.
I told him about our connection and directed him to the blog post from last year.
He told me about Michael and how that day affected him & his family.
Several days after the golf tournament we received a package.
I was moved to tears when I opened the package up.
Inside were t-shirts for the 3 of us, that had the logo
of the fire department Michael served at.
Also included was the program from the event.
And the sign that was placed at one of the holes on the course.
I just can't imagine.
What it was like to live through that day.
To live in the city and see it with your own eyes,
hear the chaos and commotion,
to know that one of your loved ones was going up...
when all the others were trying to get down.
Can You imagine it?
The loss that each of these families are feeling...
still to this day.
Also included in the package was this very kind letter from Michael's friend.
It was an honor to visit with him and hear about his friend and
what they do with the funds they raise to honor his sacrifice.
what they do with the funds they raise to honor his sacrifice.
When I remember that day, on days like today...
I try to focus on the heros like Michael Otten.
That gave their lives to save, serve & protect others.
So, won't you join me...
in Never Forgetting.
But remembering the Heros like Michael Otten...
the victims that lost their lives during this attack on our country.
And praying for those who survived
and the family & friends whose lives were forever changed that day.
We will wear our t-shirts with pride.
To Michael Otten's wife, boys, family & friends...
our hearts go out to you each and every day of the year.
You are never far from our minds when we recall 9/11.
May God Bless You!
&
God Bless the USA!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!