Welcome to my little corner of the World...

Join me as I try to find my way as an empty-nester, wife, mom, friend, and most importantly as a Child of God.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Check one off the Bucket List...

I had the privilege of taking these 3 boys to their first Drive-In!
Instagram fun...

We were celebrating the boys' birthdays.
We started out at 5 Guys...you just can't go wrong with burgers and fries!
Peanuts while they waited...
No, they weren't being silly or anything...
Fries...like Mom used to make!  I've done them a few times too...it always took too long to make them because everyone snitched the first few batches!!  Fried up in the deep fryer and then we put them in paper bags to shake off the excess grease!  Did your mom do that too?
Just for you, Pastor Ryan...
the new Chick-fil-A in West Wichita.
Gotta say, I was a little excited too!
I hadn't been to a drive-in since I was a teenager...and a young one at that!
Man, do these bring back memories!!
Now, you can tune your car into a radio station to hear the movie.  waa wa...
We brought a radio because our car has to be on to run the radio.
I wonder if any parents take their kids to the kiddie movie and then tune a radio into the other movie showing and watch from their theatre?
Just waiting for the movie to start!
Yup, they are excited...
I don't remember the snack bar looking like this!?!
Of course we had to check it out!
What didn't they have here??  Burgers, hot dogs, popcorn, cotton candy, chocolate bars, pickles, sodas, water, candy, funnel cakes...what?!  Yes, I said funnel cakes!  Does anyone remember those at the Drive-In?  Hello...any body out there remember the Drive-in?
We had popcorn...and only popcorn.
Because smart Aunt Terrie went to Target before hand to get the junk food and waters!
Got back to the car just in time!!!
We saw Diary of a Wimpy Kid-Dog Days ...and Ice Age.
We didn't stay for the 3rd movie...come on, we drivers are old!
Our driver took a nap during Ice Age so he could make it home.  :)


Vintage ads...and music!
And do you think they were plugging the intermission and their food???
No, not in the least!  LOL!!
Gotta LOVE Scrat!  Poor guy...will he EVER get the acorn??
Gotta love the slothhhhss!  Poor Sid...such a goof.  And Granny...she is quite the character!
Yikes!! Think he needs some floss & a toothbrush?!
Quite the motley crew!  Love the Ice Age movies...don't think there has been one I didn't like!
Think we wore them out!
Little guy was asleep before we hit the highway...big guy about 1/2 way home.
Seriously?  How did he sleep like this??
Little guy, Randy & I were treated to quite the sight the next morning.
We were finishing breakfast when Momma deer & her 2 fawn came bounding in the yard.
Sshhhhh, be vewy, vewy quiet while Aunt Tewwie goes to get her camrwa...
Think Elmer Fudd!!
Oops, they spotted us!
While I was finishing getting ready,
Randy took the boys over to meet our neighbor and his 3 boys...
He's a pretty cool neighbor!  He built this pirate ship for his boys this summer!!
The big boy was checking it out too!!
He also made this a few years ago!!
I want  a crooked playhouse!
I just love all the details he put on this ship!  Totally A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!  Argh!!!
Greatest name too!!
We took the boys to the Fire House Cafe for lunch.
Converted old firehouse into a restaurant.
And we found my brother a new vehicle!!
I could totally see us fixing it up and hitting the road...
I'll make the curtains and the bumper stickers!!
Right on, man!  Peace, Brother!  Yeah....like totally!!
Oldest nephew is really interested in any 9/11 information.
We stopped at our new Fire Station where they have a 9/11 memorial.
Youngest read us all the plaques,
while the oldest & I had quite the conversation about the situation...
We really wore this guy out!
Of course, he had to rest up for his party with his classmates!
Great group of boys!!  It was fun to watch them play at the pool together!
And their conversations...so fun to listen to!!  And a little...huh, what?
Yup, they are funny!!

If going to the Drive-In was on your Summer List...
be glad you procrastinated:
At the Star-Lite Drive-In at Wichita...
pay by the car load from this weekend and all fall!!
Of course....the weekend after we go!
Isn't that always what happens?  
LOL!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the drive-in pictures. You had me "strolling down memory lane" on that part.

    I went to the drive-in with my parents to see John Wayne movies. Later years as a teenager dating...ha! But the best memory was taking our (way back when) young kids to a drive-in before it closed. For good.

    And I never remember going to the snack bar...we always brought our own snacks! Thanks for the memory nudge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you had a trip down memory lane! That is what I did on Saturday night...so many memories! It was fun to give my husband and nephews the same experience. Maybe my grandson one day too! And my kids! Too bad the one near you closed. We have two in the area. Maybe we'll tryout the other one next time! Have a great weekend!

      Delete

I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!