Welcome to my little corner of the World...

Join me as I try to find my way as an empty-nester, wife, mom, friend, and most importantly as a Child of God.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Oops...

I downloaded pics of July 4th, but forgot to finish and post them!
Oops...
Hayden was one lucky grandson on the 4th!
He got to see all 4 of his Grandparents & all his Aunts & Uncles!
He Loves, I mean LOVES, AnYtHiNg that spins!!

Yup, he was reaching back and making it spin while watching in the other direction!
Love this face...and his hair, makes him look so much older!
Howdy Partner!
One of his uncles had this hat.
We tried it on the grandone...

Too cute!
Yes, it was hotter than blazes outside...
and we had a fire pit going so we could roast some mallows!
The arsenal!!

The 'boys' racing for the parachute!! 
John won this time!
Time with one of his aunts!!
More competition for the parachutes...
John didn't come out on top this time...
Fire is getting hot....
The Pyros are getting anxious...
Here is most of the 'Pyro' Crew...
The rest of the Walter crew waiting in anticipation...
too many for one photo with the lens I had....
here is the rest of the gang...with one Galle member thrown in!
G'pa & G'son!!
It was getting close to someone's bed time...
Seriously close...
There is his little squint!
Time to say goodnight to the troops.

Back to business!
Light & RUN!
The coals were ready...and it was hot.
Not to worry...
the Walter's are creative.
Did you know that it isn't easy to roast some 'mallows
and take pictures at the same time?
I managed and only started one mallow on fire!
I like brown and crispy!
Just like the Olympics...
we had judges too!
Preston had the first part of the show all rigged up and ready to go!
Just waiting for the sun to go down.
They couldn't wait for the sun to go down...
they started early.
They had quite a nice pile of shrapnel already!
Sorry, from where I was sitting....the fireworks shots I took were all too close.
But here is a shot I got of neighbor's fireworks going off
and some of our kids doing sparklers.
Lots of fun!
Really glad I wasn't at San Diego hoping to take pics of that fireworks show...
wouldn't have had a chance to practice!
Looking forward to the next time I'm around fireworks to practice what I learned this year.
I'll post some shots of what I took at Spark in the Park this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!