I had a rather nutty visitor when I got home from another photo field trip.
This little guy was hanging upside down helping himself to some sunflower seeds.
I had just been out shooting some sunflowers that were working on developing their seeds.
Maybe they will find their way into the feeder next year.
For awhile, I used to shoo away the squirrel...
he/she would climb onto the top of my bird feeder pole and chew the rope...
dropping my feeders straight to the ground.
:(
I had been inching closer to him...
I think he spotted me!
He's kind of cute...
in a squirrelly sort of way.
I finally caved and decided...
if you can't beat 'em...
feed'em!
I saw this really cool peanut feeder on Pinterest.
It was a feeder to purchase...
I decided that I could make one
with some #9 gauge wire
and...wait for it...
a Slinky!!
Works like a charm!!
I can't keep it full!
The Blue jays empty it out almost as fast as I can fill it!
Most of the days I've filled it,
it's been really windy.
One of these days, I'm going to sit in the shed and take pics of them eating the peanuts.
They pull out a peanut and then fly off with it.
I really put them out there for the squirrels...
not sure they've found them yet!
Once again...
Thanks Pinterest!

No comments:
Post a Comment
I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!