But there is so much to process...
Becoming a Grandmother for the first time is one of the greatest joys in life! I think that I need to say that it's the greatest joy in this stage of my life because I loved becoming a wife and then a mother...twice!!
Trying to help your daughter through the process of labor is awesome and overwhelming.
How do you even begin to explain it to her?
Labor is so different for everyone...and each labor is different.
It's so hard to see your little girl in pain, but you know the joy that it will bring!
It will all be worth it. But...how do you explain the 'pain'?
Since you don't know what she is experiencing...
how can you tell her if this is as bad as it will get or no, it will be getting worse.
And HOW do you explain the JOY??!!!
The overwhelming Joy that you feel as you look into your baby's face for the first time?
I don't think there are enough words...
He has a head full of hair just like his momma did!!
Takes me right back to my first moments with her...
Everyone's birth story is different...I was one of the lucky few. Many women have told me that they hate me when they hear my experience. I had very short, easy labors.
Maybe some day I will blog about them so my kids can
Unfortunately...my daughter's story was much different from my own. She experienced it all...from no pain meds to having a c-section after 2+ hours of pushing...that was after having contractions for most of the day a minute to a minute & a half apart!
My heart broke for her...
It was the hardest thing for me to leave the room when it was time for the delivery. But I respected their birth plan, they only wanted it to be the two of them when she delivered. The waiting was awful...we left the room a little after midnight and didn't find out until 4:30 am that sweet jelly bean had been delivered. We got a few updates, but it was an hour & a half after we heard that they had decided on the c-section until we learned that all were healthy & safe. That's a lot of praying time my friends! I prayed all day and all night...
do you think God ever tired of me knocking at His door?
It was quite a morning in the wee hours of 10/22/11...4 grandparents-to-be, waiting, praying in the waiting room. Waiting for any news, waiting for the doors to open and to hear that the baby was born and both baby and momma were all right...LOTS and LOTs of praying going on in that 6th floor waiting room...
Oh & the Joy and Praise that was sung when we found out that Mommy & Baby were fine!!
Sweet, sweet Joy!! Joy to see a new Momma and her child...
...a new Family of 3!
(4 if you count God in the center of them all!!)
A PrEciOuS Grandson...to Love and send home to Mom & Dad!
Yes, I can't wait to babysit...and spoil LOVE this little guy!!!
I'm in love...my husband (LOVE You Dear!! ) has been temporarily replaced. :)
I LOVE this Grandchild with ALL my heart!!
I never DrEaMeD how much a little one would melt my heart again...
But, it happened!
I THANK GOD for the Life of this Child!
I pray it is the first of many grandchildren in our family...
and I'll LOVE each one as much as I did the first.

Congratulations to you and your family! As usual, your words and pictures brought joy to my heart. Such a handsome grandson and the adventure of parenthood/grandparenthood is just beginning. God has blessed you all and I am thankful.
ReplyDeleteOh my!! Your grandson is just precious!!!! Love your blog!!!! Connie
ReplyDeleteAwesome Terrie ! As usual, you put it into words quite nicely ! Love reading your blog !
ReplyDelete