Welcome to my little corner of the World...

Join me as I try to find my way as an empty-nester, wife, mom, friend, and most importantly as a Child of God.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Project...


So, 'The Project' has been in the works for about a month.
Here's a Photo Update...



They are making good progress...all the pieces have just about been cut.

Randy was pretty excited about the jig made to
drill the holes for the shelves.

Here is what they call the 'left kicker'.

Time to get the muscles involved!  I threatened to call Preston 'Flipper'.
Randy called Preston out to the garage a LOT while he was painting
'the project' to help flip it around so he could paint the other side.
If you remember 'Flipper' the tv show...you just dated yourself!

Triangle base for the corner piece.

He really does love me...can't you tell?

Just one of the many big boy toys.

All the shelves and backs are cut!

Hard at work...they all still have all their fingers.
I hate being around when they are cutting the wood.

Dad's got some serious Big Boy Tools!

Improvising shelf brackets.  I think I'll go with something in nickel...

Love the pencil holder...

I think this is a requirement if you are a carpenter...
a pencil behind your ear.  I told Preston I wasn't sure he could be a carpenter.
He said, 'I know...I'm in maintenance.'  I told him, 'No, you can't be a
carpenter because you don't have a pencil stuck behind your ear!'

Randy's tape measure...

Dad's tape measure...
Any question on who is the Senior Carpenter in charge?

There's some serious action going on here!

You don't think His Dad was telling him what to do here, do you?
I know they are both thinking...'you can put that camera away any time now!'

Do you think my son has enough supervisors?
NO PrEsSuRe Preston!  LOL

Three generations of hands building this for me...I LoVe them all very much!
As much as I can't wait to make beautiful things at this craft desk...
THIS is the most beautiful thing about it!!!

There was a lot of country music listened
to in the making of the 'project'. ...and it was LOUD too!

This is one of my favorite pics...my Dad & Son working together.

Here is the piece I'm most excited about.  I think it was the most challenging
for the guys to make too.  I made them think a little...'cause I want
it to hinge in the middle...and I wanted the 'X' to store
yarns & fabrics.  So they had to put their thinking caps on...

Here it is set up in my Dad's  shop...I think it was taking over!
You can see the island in the works in the background.

Here is the project set up in the garage...there was some serious measuring going on.
Randy got a little nervous that it wouldn't fit into the room.

These are the hands of the man who loves me enough to make
my dream room come true....I LOVE him too!
And NOT just because he is making 'the project'

Our garage smells like oil based paint...we had shelves and cabinet parts in there for days!  

Our garage was filled to the brim with cabinet parts...we did manage to squeeze my car in...

When you are cleaning up after painting with oil based paints...
make sure and rinse the mineral spirits out of your brush thoroughly!
Otherwise....this will happen to your nail brush...
I came in the next day to put it away and it disintegrated into a lot of pieces.  
OOPS...time for a Target run!

Here is a sneak preview!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!