

yes, this is still the SAME closet...
And...

I can't BELIEVE that I'm letting you see it NOT in it's finest hour.
That was then...this...
... is now. I'm not even sure that it's a one car closet...judge for yourself...
I LOVE this house...except for this room...that is soon to change!! AGAIN...I can't BeLiEvE that I'm letting you see this room...not in it's finest hour either! But, to appreciate the end result...I think you need to see this...So, being the Loving Husband that He is...He & my Dad listened to my needs and wants about a week ago. My Dad drew up these...yeah, he's GREAT like that!! These are not the final drawings...but I think that you may get the idea.
![]() |
| This is an overview of the room from the top. |
![]() |
| This is the cabinet area that will be under the window in my room. It will be my scrapbooking area. |
![]() |
| This will be on the right side of my computer which will be in the corner now. |
This is going to be one of the highlights of my room!! I've DREAMED about it for a LONG time...even before we moved! When it is open...it will be a 90" long countertop height cabinet! I will store yarn & fabric in the "X" cubby space...not sure what will go on the otherside yet. BUT...Here is the E-X-C-I-T-I-N-G part...wait for it...when it is closed, YES it has hinges and wheels!! It will be a huge rectangle that I can use to cut out fabric for my quilts!! And/or to wrap gifts!!! NO more backaches from leaning over my old kitchen table! I think that they are as excited about it as I am!!
My Dad & my Hubba...they are Rock Stars!! Today, the construction begins! And I just panicked because there are no pictures of them working! I need to call my Dad and have him get his camera out. Yes, we are one in the same. 'Cept his camera is bigger & better than mine. (May have to rectify that situation soon!) Okay...problem solved...called and left a message for my Dad to take pics for me. Whew...
| Yes, I am my Father's daughter...But I may have been a big picture taker before he was...LOL!! |
Here he is with my nephew...I LOVE them both!!
So, it's been a busy week. Last Saturday we went to Lowe's, Home Depot & the Grand Opening at the Menards in Wichita...yes, we did that! And we only spent $10! Miracle? I say Yes!!
We looked at wood, laminate samples for my counters...and ceiling fans. You would think out of those three places, I'd be able to find a laminate I like...nope. So, hubba thought of Star Lumber...I'd say there are a few choices here!
What?! No PINK?!! What the Heck? Out of all those choices, what do I pick? Khaki Brown...original huh? I know that my space will be cluttered with lots of color, so...what they are building will be the same color as our room trim, khaki brown counter tops, 3 pinkish walls and 1 brown. I want a nice clean look.
I LOVE looking at paint colors....
![]() |
| These will be close to the final selection...I think! :) |
Was going to go with blues, but think these colors will blend better with what we already have downstairs. Well, if I'm going to be ready to paint in here in two days...I'd better get to sorting and moving stuff out! Check back for updates! I'm excited!! So excited...I don't even mind the moving stuff out! Sorry for the long post...I've been out of commission for awhile...no internet...techno issues! And I've been getting my tax stuff ready...
Who wouldn't be HaPpY when they know that soon these lovely supplies will have a HOME!!!




















I LOVE your post...only have read the one so far...what a fun project! No wonder you are ready for a new craft room...your old one was AMAZING! Love all of the colors and textures and fun crafty stuff. Too cool! Can't wait to see the final pictures!
ReplyDelete