Welcome to my little corner of the World...

Join me as I try to find my way as an empty-nester, wife, mom, friend, and most importantly as a Child of God.

Monday, December 5, 2016

It's My Party...and I'll Cry if I want to...

HaPpY FiRsT BiRtHDaY Kylee JoLynn!!
 It's hard to believe that it's been one year already!
One year since I got up, planning to drive home after a marathon few days of grocery shopping, cooking and baking to fill the freezer for this soon to be family of 4.
 Only to be greeted by my daughter,
who looked at me and said...
'So Gramma, are you ready to meet your granddaughter today?'
 Um, yes please!
God was so good in His timing.
I didn't have to worry about her going into labor and then having to drive 4 hours...
and she didn't have to worry about me on the road in the middle of the night.
 Grandpa and Uncle Preston gave up on going to the K-State game and 
packed up the car and headed East.  
They got to Columbia just in time to greet Kylee in her room.
She wasn't too happy here...
 A little more peaceful in this shot.
This girl liked to be swaddled!!
 Big Brother smothered her with kisses!
They have a very special bond!
Grandpa had a lapful and loved it!
 Uncle Preston...always the proud Uncle!
 The Brand New family of 4!!
Hayden looks so little there!
And oh is he proud to be holding his little sister.
He will be her protector...I have no doubt!
 Gramma had such fun making sheets, bumper pads and a quilt for this sweet baby girl.
 Babies are just so cute!
 And little...fresh kissed from God I say!
 Perfect...
why can't they stay little just a wee bit longer.
 Fast forward...to Thanksgiving weekend.
Grandpa was busy this year making Kylee her own table and chairs.
He did a fantastic job!
We gave it to her a little early so she could enjoy it while she was here.
 She is our daredevil grandchild...
she had no fear.
 Got the ribbon off and crawled right up!
I foresee a few bumps and bruises from falling off...
just praying there are no broken bones or blood!

 The Birthday Decorating Elves were busy and had the whole house decorated 
by the time we got home from our Galle Thanksgiving/Christmas party.
(They should have stayed longer and decorated my house for Christmas...
because it just may not happen this year.  Fair warning...)
 It could have stayed like this all month as far as I'm concerned...
 ...but, a certain 4 year old and 53 year old had fun popping as many balloons as they could!
Gramma negotiated to keep 4 plus the helium balloons!
It was a hard negotiation though!


 Penny, once again, was surrogate mom to Kylee & Hayden.
She didn't miss a beat!
 Mommy & Daddy had fun decorating cupcakes and the cake Gramma had made earlier.
 They made my heart happy...
this decoration was used on her Mommy's cake when she turned one.




Galle's, Walter's and all the Greats gathered here on Saturday afternoon for an early celebration.

 You won't be able to tell from these photos really...
 but, even though she had great naps on this day and most the weekend...
 having so many people, that you don't get to see that often...
who are watching every move you make, 
 taking pictures and videoing every move you make...
 ...can make for one unhappy 1 year old.

 Christmas is going to be fun...she had a blast opening her gifts!



 Hi Gramma!  Thanks for the Bib...
Can you see how she is grinding her teeth...Yup, got another tooth popping through.
Poor timing...it kind of got the better of her on this night.
 There was a bit of shenanigans going on in the corner...
Look Mommy, I got another Baby!
Uncle Preston to the rescue again...
 those pocket knives sure do come in handy!
Uncle Jeff had a few tools at the ready if needed...

 Oh, thanks Uncle Preston for getting her undone for me!



 These two...you can see, feel and hear the love between them!
I love to hear their giggles!!
 Yup...
It's MY Party and I'll CRY if I want To!
Whoa...out comes the cake...
Big Brother helped to blow out the candle.
 And we all watched and waited...
 ...for that moment when she dug into the cake and took her first bite of real sweets!
 Dad finally had to get in there and give her a taste...
 Nope...not interested.
 Gramma...Help me!
Get me outta here!
(I eventually took her for a bath...she loved it!  
Until she saw her Uncle Preston and then her Dad
Bedtime followed soon after)
 She had some help getting her hand in there...
...but still...no real interest. 
And that's ok.
Even tonight at home, with just her Mommy, Daddy & Brother...
no interest in cake or ice cream.
Seriously, that's probably ok if we're really honest about it.
We shouldn't push her to 'like' it....maybe she's a cookie girl.
We all know she's a carb lover already!
Maybe we should just make her a cake out of fresh fruits and veggies.
I know she'd eat that!
I look forward to every moment in the coming year that we get to spend with you!

Gramma Loves You...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!