Welcome to my little corner of the World...

Join me as I try to find my way as an empty-nester, wife, mom, friend, and most importantly as a Child of God.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Sew Busy...

Sew...I've been busy!  My machine has been humming!  I can finally share all the fun things that I've been working on...cause the shower is over...and they are no longer SeCrEt!!  :)
I'm sure that Lauren knew that her mother was working on things for Jelly Bean...but she didn't know just what I was up to.  I had so much fun designing this quilt last week.  I saw something like it on the internet and knew it was exactly what I was looking for....no pattern,  but that Never stopped me before.   Had to use some math on this one! LOL!!


This is the Faux Chenille Quilt I made...and got scarred on...my arms look like I've been in a war with straight pins!  It was all worth it!  I'm very happy with the results...and it will get softer with every washing...just like the rag quilt.




I also finished Lauren & John's Wedding gift...the quilt.  I've been a binding fool lately!!





The last quilt that I've finished is my Garden Window Flower Quilt...for ME!!  
Yes, I finally made something for myself!!

My first time appliqueing...I had a lot of fun with it and see more in my future!


***I forgot to say that these quilts were quilted by Emily Arpin!  I assemble...but don't quilt!
          She does a great job at quilting my creations for me!  Thanks Emily!!***
 Okay all my Facebook girl friends who weighed in on what I should do on the back...
Here is the final answer.  I found the little leftover rectangles from cutting out the front
and decided that I had to use them somehow.  
 I forgot to add my borders on before I had it quilted...so frustrating!  
But I decided to go ahead and add them on anyway.  
I really wanted to just do the dark green, 
but I didn't have enough of any fabric to do it in one color.  
Then bound it off with the dark pink.
Thanks for all your advice ladies!!  I really appreciated it!
Thanks for reading the latest edition of What's Been Happening in Terrie's Craft Room!
I may do a tutorial on some of the quilts if there is any interest...

I have had so much fun working on these projects.
I find myself getting lost in time in this room...
I have to admit that I've neglected some laundry, 
we've had a few more sandwiches than normal,
and some dust bunnies have accumulated!  
They've almost all been cleared away now.

Craftiness First right??!  Who's with me?



2 comments:

  1. AWE...SOME!!! I soooo wish I had the time (and desire) to do something soo worthwhile! You inspire me Terrie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Terrie ! You are such an inspiration wonderful lady !

    ReplyDelete

I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!