Welcome to my little corner of the World...

Join me as I try to find my way as an empty-nester, wife, mom, friend, and most importantly as a Child of God.

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Class Act

The Bill Snyder Highway Half Marathon was on May 19th of this year.
Once again, we got to go and see our friend compete...
Unfortunately, it was raining, and that isn't conducive to camera gear...
so we opted to wait for the rain to stop and go to the stadium for the finish only.

Coach Snyder was there waiting for the awards ceremonies to start.
I could see him from my vantage point on the opposite side of the finish line...
taking pictures with onlookers, finishers, signing autographs and giving smiles to the workers.
Our Coach is a class act...but, not just for this reason....
more about that in a minute.
 Our friends' Dad was there too (another class act)...watching...
just like this the whole time he was there.
We tried to tell him that he wasn't finishing yet, 
but he did not want to miss his son and granddaughters crossing the finish line.
 Randy was stationed over in front of the Baseball field and 
gave us a heads up when they were close to the stadium.
This was our first glimpse of them as they began 
their final approach to the finish line.

Thank goodness for my long camera lens...
sure helped to spot them!
Bo's jogging stroller gave him away too.
:)
 Mom/Grandma was anxiously awaiting the finishers too...
(she's another class act)
 WooHoo!!
They did it!
They Did It!!
 Finishers!!!


 I'm telling you...
this whole family is a Class Act.
 You can feel the love and care that they have for each other!
 This year the racers were Bo and his nieces...
Bo has Cerebral Palsy.
He is a few years older than us and graduated in our high school class.
His family and my husband's family have been friends for a long time.
I inherited them when I married Randy.  :)
Bo was a groomsman in our wedding.
These girls and our daughter are very close in age.
We have very special pictures of them all together when they were little.
 Bo doesn't expect special treatment because of his challanges.
He lives every day like you and me...probably better.
The only difference is someone else helps him get around and 
do most things we do for ourselves.
But does that change his outlook on life...nope.
His attitude is probably better than mine.
He takes nothing for granted...
he lives in the moment.
He lives and laughs HARD!
His smile and laugh is my favorite!
 His Mom and Dad are his rock!
They have done so much to see that he lives his dreams!
As do his siblings and nieces!
To Know Bo is to Love Bo!
 There have been a few additions since the last time they competed!


 These two!  Look at them laugh!!
Friends Forever!
I simply love to see them together!
We need to make it happen more often...
 Bo's a great Great Uncle...
these kiddos adore him!
 Bo's Bling!



 Waiting for the awards ceremony to finish.


 This man...our Coach...I've watched him 'see' Bo.
Where others pushed past him...as if he wasn't there or less important.
I've seen the stares that we get in public when we are with Bo...
it always startles me.
I look around to see what they are looking at...
and then realize, it's us with Bo.
You see...we see Bo as well Bo.
He's just one of our friends...a very special friend...part of our family.
And that is how Coach Snyder sees him.
I wish you could hear what Coach said...
'Hi, Friend!' as he reached for Bo's hand.
 The smile on their faces says it all!
'Family'
 I so appreciate the time that Coach takes to smile for a photo, 
sign an autograph, shake a hand...
I've watched him do it at Basketball games at halftime.
Kids coming to him and asking for an autograph.
He is gracious.
 I've seen him at a church dinner when he met our son.
He shook his hand and held onto it as he talked to our son...
about doing his best in school and life.
Is this not a picture of Joy?
Pure Joy!!
 I've often wondered about Coach Snyder's family...
what they and Coach have given up and sacrificed through the years.
The lack of privacy...the comments and criticisms about his choices...
whether he should retire or not.
 I don't care what others say about his coaching, retiring, choice of plays, etc...
This man is a Class Act...it's not just about the game for him.
It's about the people...family.
It's part of why we are all Family at K-State.
 I appreciate him for who he is and his character.
He treats EVERYONE like family.
Not just the first place finishers...
 Thanks for being so personable Coach.
You give Joy whether you realize it or not...
Just look at the proof!


 Proud Parents!
Who have given more and without complaint than a lot of us!
It's a joy to see your family and the character that 
your kids, grands and greats exude!
Well Done!

 These girls had more energy than I ever would after a half marathon!


Will you attack your day with Joy?
Will you 'see' all those who cross your path today?
Will you encourage them?
What will you do to make someone feel like family today?
Will you be a Class Act?

Thanks to all those who helped to put on the
2018 Bill Snyder Highway Half!!

Rain or Shine...it filled my heart and lots of others with pure Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!