It's Wedding Day!!
This girl is B-E-A-Utiful inside and out...
I've had the pleasure of capturing both of my niece's weddings behind the scenes...
I love seeing it all from start to finish.
Watching Mom see her girls prepare for the wedding day...
She and their Dad have been prepping them all of their lives really...
these are just the finishing touches.
:)
Mom takes her turn in the chair too...
really important this time,
since she had an accident before the wedding which rendered one of her arms in a sling.
They were well prepared for the day a long time ago,
so friends and family just needed to come alongside and put it all in motion.
Time to get all made up!
This Dress!
I loved it from the first time I saw Morgan in it!
It was made for her...
Mom's first look at her daughter's outward Wedding beauty...
I'm serious...Morgan didn't need any make-up...
Her inward Joy was beauty enough!
Now that Grandma Phyllis has the bustle fasteners fixed on the dress...
it's time to teach the girls how to get it all hooked up...
no small feat!
Last fitting before she puts it on for that walk down the aisle...
Morgan was patient through it all...
but, inside...I'm sure she was like...
'Can we just get done with this so we can have lunch and I can go see my Man?'
Well...maybe or maybe not, but I'm sure that's what I would have been thinking!
:)
See what I mean?
Gorgeous Dress...Gorgeous Niece!
Final touches for Mom...
another lady who is beautiful inside and out!
Special China for a special occasion...
I see the one from Grandma Bertha...
Meet the Maids...
Such a cute idea...info on how all the girls are special to Morgan.
There's my little grandbaby!
Before we know it...we'll be doing the same thing for her.
Someone stop the clock!
Time needs to stand still for just a moment longer!!
Thank yous and a prayer for lunch and the day...
...and a little bubbly to CeLeBrAtE!
Another sweet baby...oblivious to all the festivities.
Rest now little one, you're gonna need it...
'cause life is gonna fly by!
A room full of beautiful women...
the laughter was wonderful!
All sharing in the Joy of Morgan & Chris' Day.
I'm telling you...life never stops changing!
This lady right here just found out she was a Grandma!
Yep, we all shared a few tears for her Joy!
Becoming a Grandma, Gramma, Nene, Granny...
whatever it is that you want to be called or what your Grand calls you...
is one of the most precious moments in your life.
Congrats Sandy! She got to meet her grand the next day.
What an extra special weekend for her!
Brunch is over...
we're at the church...
getting ready for pictures, first looks, getting out any last minute jitters...
it's almost time!
Garrett Hufford, of Garrett Hufford Photography, is busy doing his thing!
He's got a pretty great assistant there behind the scenes!
What sister's won't do for each other...
Garrett has been gracious enough to let me take photos
throughout the day for each of my niece's weddings.
Being a photographer, I know to stay out of his way and I enjoy helping him where ever I can.
Thanks Garrett!
I love to tell a story with my photographs and I appreciate you letting me do that!
And I like that I got to capture you doing what you do!!
I wish I lived closer...it would be fun to be his second shooter!
If you are in need of a photographer near Cedar Rapids...look him up!
Her flowers were gorgeous!
Morgan with her Mom and soon to be Mother-in-Law...
Someone is waiting to see her Man!
These next three photos are some of my favorite shots...
because I remember what it was like getting to
see my groom for the first time on our wedding day.
Only it was at the front of the altar at the beginning of our wedding...
we didn't take pics beforehand back in those days.
Well, at least we didn't...
This church has the perfect spot for Moms to watch their children
as they see each other for the first time on their Wedding Day.
And anyone else who wants to sneak a peek!
It was an absolutely beautiful spring day!
All except for a pesky wind...
I thought that only happened in Kansas!
Getting all the bows tied just right...
The many faces of Hayden!
I LoVe this kid!
He has the cutest personality!
I'm telling you, He knew something about her was different this weekend.
He was glued to her for quite a while.
Things are always changing!
Grandma with a few of her girl grands...
Garrett in action again...
capturing the day...
bringing out the best in everyone!
Bride & Groom got Hayden such a cool toy,
she just had to check it out herself.
Could she be any cuter?!
I can just hear her laugh...
Pappy and his first 'Great'...
Russ & Pam with Pam's parents...
Russ & Pam with Russ' parents...
Bride's Parents...
ready to enjoy the day.
Ready to celebrate the culmination of a lifetime of work...
because that is what being a parent is.
It's work, probably the hardest work you will ever do.
And definitely, the most rewarding work you can do.
Of course, our job as parents is never really 'over'...
at least not in our eyes...
No matter how old they get.
Can I get an 'Amen'?
I pray that someday, their home is filled with the pitter patter of little feet.
Someday...I'm not rushing things!
I think couple's need to take the time to be a couple
and decide what is right for them in their own time.
But, seriously! Look how cute they are!
They will be great parents someday...
I know, I know! They aren't even married yet.
Okay...back to the task at hand...
These two!
Love me some Hubbard's!!
Do they look like they are glowing to you?
Another cute couple!!
:)
No words necessary...
Their family is complete...
for now...
Okay...so everyone isn't always ready for every shutter snap...
How Blessed is Morgan to have both sets of Grands?
The natives are starting to get restless...
Best part of this wedding for Hayden?
The Gummy Worms!
Could he Be more Handsome?
(said in my best Chandler Bing voice)
This Bible...
used by the Bride's family for several generations of weddings.
I just love traditions!
The years of Marriage that this represents...
inspiring!
A little down time with the flower girl...
Chris and Morgan...
surrounded by family and friends
as we pray for their new life together.
Always a favorite tender moment for me...
Two hands...
soon to be joined together forever.
So many years of prayers represented here...
Well, nothing left to do now but wait...
It's almost time for the I Do's!!


















































































No comments:
Post a Comment
I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!